Hotel in Dolomites

Mar 29th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Barbara

Hotel in Dolomites

Can anyone recommend a hotel in the Dolomites. Possibly in Castelrotto. Don't want to stay in Trento. Small hotel preferred

Mar 29th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Andrea

Two years ago we stayed one night in Cortina Amprezzo in a small hotel named Hotel Ambra in the center of town. Comfortable and clean, not luxurious, can't remember the price but I think it was probably slightly under $100.00. We were in walking distance to the Funivia which takes you up Faloria mountain. Beautiful scenery! Enjoy
Andrea

Mar 29th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Mariarosa

Hi Barbara! I can recommend the cavallino d'oro (www.cavallino.it). We stayed there last year for 5 nights and the hotel, rooms, restaurant and staff were very pleasant. However, people on this forum have had trouble securing a reservation for bookings of only a couple of nights. It is a nice place for the price, so I guess, they often only take longer reservations. But don't worry! I have topped a few threads for you that recommend other very nice hotels in Castelrotto.

The Dolomites are beautiful, enjoy your trip!

Mar 29th, 2002, 08:02 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Barbara, The Post Hotel Lamm is another 4 star next to Cavallino and the Zum Wolf is a very nice 3 star just around the corner--all 3 are good choices.

Mar 30th, 2002, 02:32 AM
Alex

In case you consider staying in another village - close to Castelrotto- try Pension Rier in Siusi tel.(0471)706180

Mar 30th, 2002, 02:42 AM
xxx

You may want to look at this site.
http://www.dolomiti.it/eng/alberghi/dx.htm