Hotel in Como, Italy

Search

Hotel in Como, Italy

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2023, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Como, Italy

I am looking for a recommendation for a hotel in COMO, Italy, something near city center, clean and reasonable, hopefully with a pool.

Thanks for your help,
Bellibop
Old May 1st, 2023, 01:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
"Reasonable" means... how much?

And you do mean the town of Como and not farther up the lake?
Old May 2nd, 2023, 05:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reasonable not more than 400 Euros and it is my understanding that Como the town is a hub and lots to do more than scenery. Am I wrong?
Old May 2nd, 2023, 07:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
"Lots to do" depends on what interests you. Como is an ok city and you could have an enjoyable stay there, esp. if your thing is shopping. But I don't find it very appealing when compared to the smaller towns farther north where I think the lake and mountain views are better. There are things to do/see all over the lake, but you don't want to spend lots of time traveling from Como if the majority of your sightseeing is in the mid-lake area, esp. if your stay on the lake is only a few days. So, have you researched and identified what you want to see while you're there?

In a couple of weeks, this website will post the summer ferry schedules... but you can get an idea of the stops and travel times.

https://www.navigazionelaghi.it/en/t...les-lake-como/

400 euros is a lot more than I spend on lodging, so with a little searching you should have no trouble finding a property that suits your preferences. I'd starting at booking.com.