Reload this Page >

Hotel Il Guelfo Bianco-florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2002, 10:55 AM
Dorit

We are planing to stay in Hotel Il Guelfo Bianco in florence. <BR>We would like to hear from people who stayed there. pros and cons.<BR>Thanks<BR>

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 11:44 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 09:10 PM
ttt

Another topping. Has anyone stayed at Il Guelfo Bianco recently?

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 09:41 PM
Sia

I believe I answered the same question about a week ago...please do a search with the hotel name and you will see the replies.<BR><BR>Sia

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 09:49 PM
ttt

Sia, I did a search and this was the latest post I found. Nothing from a week ago. Can you please top it for us? Thanks.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 05:24 AM
Judi

I stayed at Il Guelfo Bianco in June and liked it very much. I would stay there again. The location is good, my room was nice and the staff was very helpful.<BR><BR>I also answered this question about a week ago but I know that recent threads don't come up in a search and it is easier to reply again than to search for the previous post. I will say that all the posts there were positive.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 05:27 AM
ttt

Julie, first of all, thanks for the comments. Can you elaborate more on the type of room you stayed in? I'm thinking of either a std. double or a superior double. Did you get a separate shower and tub or was it just a shower alone? I'll try to search for your and others postings prior.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 05:43 AM
ttt

Sorry, I meant Judi not Julie. Bad mistake!

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 07:00 AM
Judi

That's okay...I answer to alsmost anything. <BR><BR>I had a single room and it was small but nicely furnished. The bath had only a shower with no curtain but I have gotten used to that. <BR><BR>There are all different shapes and sizes of rooms as this is not a purpose-built hotel. I suggest emailing them to see what is available and what would suit you. You can read more about this hotel in Karen Brown's guide.<BR><BR>Enjoy your stay in Florence.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 10:32 AM
Joan

I took a small group to Florence about 4 years ago and we stayed at the Hotel Il Guelfo Biano and it is not only in a great locations, but quite a find. The staff is warm and friendly. As for a double superior room in the back (away from the noise). Those rooms overlook a small outdoor patio where you can relax with a glass of wine after a day of sightseeing and shopping. They also include a very nice buffet breakfast.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 12:31 PM
Becky

My husband and I are also planning to stay at Il Guelfo Bianco in mid-September. We booked a standard double room, not a superior double room. Is it worth the extra money (about $30/night) to get a superior room? Thanks for the info!

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 04:28 PM
ttt

Thanks Judi!

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 11:13 PM
Sia

Sorry, didn't realize that the last message didn't appear in the search. My last comments were that it was a great location, people were extrememly helpful making restaurant reservations, etc. and that the superior rooms are worth it! (Ours was in back too, great big tub). Have a great time, Florence is beautiful.<BR>Sia

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 05:48 PM
ttt

Hi, thanks again! <BR><BR>The hotel is offering me a room that overlooks either the garden or courtyard. Which would you all say is better? Or no difference?<BR><BR>I would think I'd prefer a superior room over a std. room anywhere, however, comments on how a superior room vs. a std. room would be appreciated.<BR><BR>They also advised me that breakfast items such as ham, yogurt, and fruit salad is not part of the regular breakfast-they cost extra. What exactly do they give for breakfast usually?

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:28 AM
Rebecca

to the top

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:41 AM
xxx

TTT

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:28 AM
Linda

TTT - We are considering staying at this hotel next year and would like to hear comments on it.