Hotel/Hostels in Rome

Search

Hotel/Hostels in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel/Hostels in Rome

We are going to Rome for the first time and are looking for a safe, cheap place to stay. We have booked one night at Gulliver's House Hostel, is this a safe place. We would love to find a place for the rest of our trip that we could have a private room? Any suggestions. Thanks.
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 04:42 PM

Go to ryanair.com they have hostel & hotel accommodatios , the prices quoted are usually per person.
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 11:34 PM

How much euro per night are you prepared to spend? we have just booked a B&B Arco del lauro in Trastevere area Rome for 120 euro per night. excellent reviews on trip advisor and fodors and I have had the most wonderful friendly communication with the owner Lorenza, can't wait to meet her in May.
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 11:48 PM

Hi

What is your budget? And where is Gulliver's House Hostel located? Do you have an address?

I went to Rome a couple of years back and here is a trip report with pictures and links: http://gardkarlsen.com/rome_italy.htm . I have also made an interactive Google map that shows you where some of the attractions are located http://gardkarlsen.com/rome_italy_map.htm . Maybe you can find some useful info there.

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Wow thanks for your help. We would ideally like to spend 100 euro a night. Gulliver's Hostel is located at Via Palermo 36. Thanks again.
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 12:32 PM

If you'd consider a convent, I can highly recommend Istituto Santa Giuliana Falconieri, Via San Giuseppe Calasanzio 1, off Corso d. Rinascimento, just southeast of Piazza Navona. Fabulous location, elevator. Only one double room with a private bath, but the shared ones are perfectly fine (I had thought I'd never do a shared bath, but it was really OK). Last I knew, a double room was 75 Euro per night.