Reload this Page >

Hotel Help PLEASE !!

Search

Hotel Help PLEASE !!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 07:06 PM
Tom

Hotel Help PLEASE !!

We have booked 3 hotels for our trip over the internet , by looking at venere.it, fodors and other sites. <BR> <BR>We would like to know if anyone can share information about the following hotels: <BR> <BR>Hotel Ala on Campo S. Maria del Giglio, San Marco Venice <BR>Hotel Morandi alla Crocetta on Via Laura in Florence <BR>Albergo del Senato, on Piazza della Rotonda, Rome <BR> <BR>We are nervous that we may have made major mistakes in our choices. All the information we used was online and very limited. <BR> <BR>Any thing you know is more than we do ! <BR>Thanks , Tom <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 07:22 PM
xxx

I've never been to any of those hotels. However, I've heard that Morandi alla Crocetta is wonderful and very hard to book, since I don't think there are too many rooms. (So you're lucky.) I think I remember seeing it when I was in Florence. If I remember correctly, it is very centrally located in a medieval neighborhood.

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 07:42 AM
nancy

Tom, <BR>can't speak from experience, but I think you will be fine, as far as del Senato. <BR>We almost booked there, but we only need a hotel for 2 nights (before our apt. is available), and got a quote for a suite that was $100 less a night. <BR>But the people were very accommodating,informative and prompt which I think counts for a lot. <BR>Also, a travel agent who is very familiar with Rome, said that many clients stay there and she has had no complaints. <BR>the place you picked in Florence is listed as very comfortable and nice in the Tuttitalia 2001 book which is published by Gambero Rosso in Italy. <BR>They give it 2 keys out of 3 for comfort, etc <BR>This hotel is also listed in a Rivages book , Small Hotels of Charm and Character in Italy. <BR>And it gets very good recommendations for that.They say the interior is comfortable,tasteful decor, serene and quiet. <BR>Have you tried a text search on this site? <BR>Type in the names of the hotels in the text search box, wait a couple mins.(slow) and something might come up. <BR>Good luck. <BR>I understand your aniexty and second quessing, but I think with these two hotels, you will not have made a *major* mistake.

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 07:52 AM
JB

Tom - I've never been inside the Senato in Rome, but as for its location (assuming the windows are double-paned or whatever they do to keep out the noise), the location, at least, is to die for! It's right on the Piazza della Rotonda...IMO the very heart of Rome. Here's a website for you which not only has photos of this piazza, but of the Senato itself. Buon divertimento! <BR> <BR>http://wings.buffalo.edu/AandL/Maece.../ac880328.html

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 07:56 AM
JB

Tom - One more thing - I just checked out the photo I told you about and you might find this interesting: That shadow looming over the Senato is none other than the Pantheon's!

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 09:13 AM
elaine

I haven't stayed there but the Ala is highly praised in the reliable book <BR>"Cheap Sleeps in Italy". Mention is made that although the hotel could not be called "elegant" it has a great location; rooms of decent size, many with balconies and views (ask about this if you don't want to face a cement wall);rooms have a/c, hair dryers and the hotel has an elevator. <BR>Same ownership as the Accademia which is <BR>popular on this forum, and discounts are offered at the nearby restaurant <BR>Da Raffaele, which I happen to like very much.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 02:37 PM
Tom

Thanks everybody for the information concerning these hotels. We checked out the website photos of the Piazza della Rotonda and saw our hotel. We had no idea that it was next to the Pantheon! Looks great! Hope we dont need earplugs with the bar underneath. <BR>As far as the Hotel ALA in Venice if its in "Cheap Sleeps" - it didnt seem cheap to us. <BR> <BR>Thanks Again, Tom