Reload this Page >

Hotel help- paris

Search

Hotel help- paris

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 02:06 PM
cliff

Hotel help- paris

Paris trip beginning of March would like centrally located hotel as wife is pregnant and don't want her to overdo it. Need 4 star hotel say $200 or so per nite any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 05:16 PM
lro

I'm sure you'll be hearing from fellow travelers very soon with hotel recommendations, but I wanted to warn you of a "Fodor's Parasite" named Fred. I'm sure he'll be leaving a post here and he'll give you a list of comments about the hotel (He copies these from other sites) then he will give you an e-mail address and ask for $10. DON'T DO IT!<BR><BR>As I said, you'll hear from other (legitimate) people soon, in the mean time, check the "rants & raves section" of Fodors.Com just to get some ideas . . .<BR><BR>Ok - let's hear from someone besides money-hungry Fred, and give Cliff some REAL recommendations!

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 05:39 PM
JOdy

We love the Milleseme in the 6th......it is in your budget range and a sister hotel of d'Aubusson which is much higher priced...but they have the same service and facilities..<BR>We use "Reserve the Best" for reservatuions. Very convenient ..large roms , nice baths and great buffet breakfasts...my favorite location in Paris ..Rue Jacob

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 05:50 PM
c

The Hotel D'Angleterre , 44 rue Jacob.It was originally the English Embassy in the 1700's, the Declaration of Independence was signed there.The staircase and a lot of sections of the hotel are original.We stay there every time we go to Paris, the staff is very serious about taking good care of their guests, they are very nice and do a great job. The last time we were there, we had a suite with a fireplace,at the top of the building,although with a pregnant wife, a lower floor would be more convenient I am sure..They do not have a web site but you can read about them in guide books. C (now that I read your post-I am not sure if they are 4 stars or 3, they are definitely in the price range-and over!)

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 03:07 AM
bill

Relais St. Germain and Hotel St. Gregoire, both in the 6th, are good choices.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 05:13 AM
Wayne

Cliff---<BR>For a great location in the 6th, and a really nice little hotel with all the extras and a feeling of the "old" Paris, I'd recommend the Hotel l'Abbaye St-Germain, on rue Cassette. We've stayed in several hotels in Paris, but for what you want I would say this is an ideal place in an ideal location. Have a good trip.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:03 AM
Dave

You know, Iro, your posts about Fred are really getting tiresome and boring. While you're busy doing this nonsense he's busy helping people and answering their questions. Do you know AOL awarded him their "Members Helping Members" award this month? What have you done?

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:48 AM
rita

I agree wholeheartedly with you, Dave. In fact I poated a similar message under another subject. Hooray for Fred and his site www.anamericaninparis.com - it's great.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 09:20 AM
Jayelle

Also consider the Madison, right off of Bld. St-Germain in the 6th. Very nice and very centrally located. Its a 3-star but you'd probably find it acceptable.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 05:46 PM
Sue

Check out www.france.com. You can put in your dates and price range and area and it comes up with available hotels--good descriptions and customer comments (even bad ones). People seem to be recommending the St. Germain area, and I notice that the Madison and Le Regent, both of which have been recommended here (try searches for past posts) show up in your price range. I've used their booking service several times and have been very satisfied with it.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 08:14 AM
zeev

Hi, If you'll be in Paris March 9-16 , 2002,<BR>I have a sleep-4 suite in a very nice hotel,<BR>in a very nice area of Paris .<BR>Please email me .<BR>Thank you<BR>Zeev<BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 08:24 AM
annie

Hi! Great hotel ideas here, and I have an idea that might help Cliff. I noticed that "Fred" is an "American in Paris" maybe Cliff could tell him which hotels he's truly interested in and Fred can go check them out? (- of course if they aren't in a remote location) A first-hand glimpse would be awesome. <BR>- Annie

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 12:57 PM
ttt

ttt

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 01:55 PM
topper

to the top!