Search

Hotel Genio

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 03:47 PM
RG

Hotel Genio

Just got back from Rome a few days ago. We stayed at the Hotel Genio near Piazza Navona. It is a great hotel with an awesome location (near Piazza Navona, Campo de Fiori and the Vatican). I highly recommend it. We got a rate of $105/night for 2 adults via the www.hotelsitaly.com site.

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 05:23 AM
ebr

Hi RC- We are booked at the Genio for five days nexct month. I'm glad to hear your report. Could you tell us a little about your trip, and particularly what you enjoyed in the Genio neighborhood. Restaurants, walking, shopping (antiques?) are all of interest to our bunch. Please tell us more!<BR>We are really looking forward to Rome!<BR><BR>Thank you,<BR>ebr<BR>

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 09:36 AM
julie

We stayed at the Genio 4 years ago & had a good experience. It's nice to know that it's still there for when we return to Rome (hopefully soon).

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Leone

We've used the Genio seceral times ince 1994, and it's very nice indeed - and as you reported, the location is unbeatable. As far as restaurants are concerned: access www.scalareale.org and look at their suggestions. Included are Quinzi e Gabrieli, Ditirambo and Scaletta degli Artisti - all near the Pzza. Navona. Get reservations. Genio will assist you - english spoken at the desk. These are moderately priced places with excellent food. If you're interested in some very informative guided walking tours (3-4 hours), I suggest the Sacla Reale organization - we used them in 2000 and they're very good indeed - their website will give you their options. They also provide reliable transportation for airport-hotel transfers. Ciao, Leone

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Walter

There is also a *very* positive recent (Nov) post on the Frommer's Message Boards, just scroll down you'll see it. Regards, Walter

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Walter

ttt: For Anthony