Can I please ask your help in picking a hotel in London for our last night of the trip? We leave the next day from LHR on an afternoon flight. I've been to London once before (and will spend a week at the beginning of this trip) but only staying in flats near Gloucester tube. I know literally *nothing* about London hotels and would love to hear your expert opinions, favorites, and logistical recommendations.
We're a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids), so we'll need 2 adjoining rooms or a room for 4 with 2 beds.
Budgetwise: Since it'll be our last night in London, we're willing to splurge a little and spend up to about $600 a night for the 4 of us (but would prefer less). I do have enough Ambassador points to get one free classic room at the Intercontinental (and then pay for the adjoining room)... so that's essentially my benchmark and my threshold. Beyond about $500-$600 (for both rooms), I may as well stay there (which of course would be lovely). But I'd love some other options.
Location: I think I'd like something close to Hyde Park Corner/Knightsbridge so it's close enough for last minute sightseeing and to run the kids through the park. But I'm open to any other suggestions. And then again, staying in a hotel also presents an opportunity to explore a neighborhood or boutique property I wouldn't otherwise choose for a longer stay... so maybe we should be looking at something more interesting... (i.e. Chelsea, something with a view toward the Parliament buildings or the Thames?)
Vibe & amenities: I'm way past the age where I'm willing to stay in cheap budget hotels with dingy furnishings and sagging beds to save a buck. I have to admit, I really like a comfortable mattress, nice linens, and charming architectural touches.
Transport to LHR: I haven't decided yet how we're going to get to LHR. We have an afternoon flight from LHR on a weekday, so I'm not too worried about making specific connections to LHR (like I would on a weekend or very early flight). But should I pick a hotel based on easy connections to LHR? That might be a factor in selection.
Thank you all for your recommendations and help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP printer 1800:681:7208 Password Reset CONTACT HP Tec*h 24*7
- 2 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 3 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 4 Poland--where else to go
- 5 The World's Greatest Churches
- 6 frequent functioning, then epidermis
- 7 10 days in europe
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 11 Trans Siberian Train
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Malaga Christmas lights
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 16 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 17 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 18 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 19 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 20 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 21 Greece during Easter week or August
- 22 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 23 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 24 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 25 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!