Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Florence or Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni in June?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can get a partial lake view room room at the Hotel Florence for 140 euros a night or can get a park view room at the Grand Hotel for 275 euros a night. The cost is obviously a lot different, but the Grand Hotel also has a pool. It has gotten a lot of mixed reviews on Trip Advisor. Other option would be to spend three nights at the Hotel Florence and then move to the Grand Hotel for my last two nights so I could take advantage of the pool and just relaxing before heading back to Milan for a night and back to the U.S.

Thanks!
Old May 24th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Forgot to add - this is in Bellagio - Lake Como. The other thing that I am a bit concerned about is the ages of most of the people staying at the Grand Hotel. I have heard it is a bit of an older crowd (i.e. 60's) and I am in my 30's.
Old May 24th, 2010, 11:16 AM

I remember the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni fondly. The setting is magnificent, the pool very nice, and the breakfasts excellent. Our room was very large with a bathroom almost as big as the room. The downside was that we were on ground level and overlooked the parking lot (which may be a "park view" since I don't remember a category of "parking lot" views.) We were in our 30s and didn't feel out of place. It is a grand old country hotel so don't expect the modern touches and luxury of big city hotels.It all comes down to whether you want to spend the extra money. That's a decision only you can make.
Old May 24th, 2010, 11:38 AM

When I was there two years ago I took a look at the Hotel Belvedere. It has a good location with views, and a good-sized pool. You might want to consider it:

http://www.belvederebellagio.com/hot...io/storia.aspx

OR, you could have a change of pace and spend the last night or two in Menaggio; it is much easier to get to Malpensa from there and there are at least two decent hotels with pools. I stayed at this one:

http://www.centrohotelslakecomo.com/.../homepage.html
Old May 24th, 2010, 12:26 PM

They are right next door to each other. You can't go wrong either way. Why don't you try both and then you can choose one or the other for your next trip?
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions! I may just stay at both since I can't get the lake view in the Grand Hotel and can't get the pool at the Hotel Florence!