Hotel Florence, Bellagio ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there. I just found out that the terrace room we have at The Hotel Florence is on the ground floor, and now there is nothing else available. Anyone familiar with Hotel Florence - if so, please advise if the ground floor is worth it? I am bringing my parents, we have 2 ground floor rooms and I want it to be as nice as possible for them.

Oh, also, did anyone notice if there was overnight parking in Mennagio or the town that you take the ferry across? Thanks.
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 11:12 AM

I stayed at the Hotel Florence in May and really enjoyed it...but I was not on the ground floor. Are these rooms on the side or back of the hotel? From what I remember, the ground floor facing the lake is taken up by the salon, reception rooms, bar, etc. So it sounds like your room will be on the back. The rooms themselves are very nice (and the people working there are very pleasant and helpful), but it would be a shame not to have any view. Also, the hotel runs over several levels and I'm not sure that rooms classified as "ground floor" are actually on the ground.
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 11:17 AM

It may be noisy on the ground floor--that hotel is right in the heart of the traffic pattern and has a popular American Bar. One more reason to stay in Menaggio. The GH Menaggio is very nice but more expensive. The Hotel Bellavista is next door and a 3 star. That will solve your car problem.
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

BTilke thanks. I emailed them back and they responded immediately and did say the 1st floor so that seems ok.

Bobthenav: YIKES to the bar downstairs, my mother will go mad if its loud!!!
Thanks for the tips.
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 11:33 AM

Although I was there over a busy holiday week-end and my room was almost (not directly) over the bar, I never noticed anything particularly noisy. If there are a bunch of Brits there (i.e., like the screaming nannies we get in Brussels), it could get loud, but otherwise, it should be ok.
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 07:52 AM

We had a first floor (above the lobby level) terrace room last September with lake view - noise not a problem and room was great, as was the service.
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 08:40 AM

We were very satisfied with our corner room on the 2nd floor, just above the terrace room. The view out front toward the lake was beautiful, and the view toward the side of the Alps was spectacular. If the weather is warm, I imagine it would be lovely out on the terrace. We loved the Hotel Florence.