Reload this Page >

Hotel des Ecoles

Search

Hotel des Ecoles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 04:59 PM
dc

Hotel des Ecoles

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel des Ecoles in Paris, 19 rue Monsieur le Prince, in the 6th? <BR>Would you recommend it? <BR> <BR>I'm looking for a hotel near the Odeon metro stop. <BR> <BR>thanks <BR>

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 11:57 AM
jim

i stayed there with my parents last year in october, and thought it was great. very affordable, and nice rooms. clean, comfortable, but not real fancy. there was construction on a new building for the hotel (which is made up of 3 small buildings) at the time, so it wasn't looking its best, but i'm sure that's completed now. i would definitely recommend it. it's located a few blocks behind the pantheon, up the hill, so it's not that close to the odeon (probably 15 min walk to the odeon stop, down the hill). the closest metro i recall is cardinal lemoine, which is about 5 mins, again up the hill to the hotel. the rue moufftard is very close to the hotel. it is quite affordable, but book ahead several months. it's popular. <BR> <BR>i think they might have a web site, but i don't recall it specifically.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 05:37 PM
kalena

We stayed at the Grands Ecoles too, two years ago. Nice courtyard with lavander, very pleasant manager, large room (we got their chambre familiale) in their renovated wing, and definitely reasonable rates.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 09:14 PM
Sue

I've read raves here about Hotel Le Regent on rue Dauphine and Grand Hotel des Balcons on Casimir-delavigne, both near Odeon. I suspect Regent is more costly than Balcons, where we reserved a room in May for 525 FF. <BR>

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 11:11 AM
Christina

the hotel Grandes Ecoles mentioned above by several is not the same hotel that you are inquiring about (that one is in the 5th). I have never heard of the hotel you ask about before, nor of anyone who has stayed there (it's a 2-star, very small). I would guess you are looking for cheap if you are considering that one? There are several good hotels on that street, in fact, that cost a little more you might like (Hotel St Paul, Clos Medicis) and the Hotel de l'Odeon and Louis II are around there and I've read good reviews of them (I think the H de l'Odeon is nicer, there is another similarly-named hotel Hotel d'Odeon? Around there that is not as nice, I think). Also, any hotel around place St-Sulpice is very near (ie, Relais St-Sulpice is good, Hotel Bonaparte around there, much cheaper). Grands Balcons is a good bet.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 02:44 PM
Kimerley

Hotel des Grandes Ecoles is at 75, rue Cardinal Lemoine 75005 Paris. It is located near the Contrescarpe.It is situated in the historical heart of the Latin Quarter. <BR>e-mail [email protected] <BR>www.france-hotel-guide.com