Hotel de Lutece

Dec 20th, 1999, 05:19 AM
Vanessa Hughes

Hotel de Lutece

My husband and I will be celebrating our 11th anniversary at the Hotel de Lutece (Ile St. Louis) in June. Requesting feedback from anyone who has stayed here, such as...is there any special part of the hotel that is nicer than the other (offering bigger rooms, views, etc.), good restaurants nearby, and general info about the hotel. If anyone knows if they have a website I would appreciate that too. Thanks in advance!

Dec 20th, 1999, 08:07 AM
kay

Vanessa, I can't answer your question, but I am considering staying at that hotel in the spring. How did you make your reservations (phone, fax, emamil?) and what are you being charged? You can't really tell from posted rates, and I view them as mere guidelines. Thanks.

Dec 20th, 1999, 08:33 PM
Vanessa

Kay,
Reservations made through www.hotelboulevard.com. This is the best sight I have found for hotel info in Paris. They have quoted me 890FF for a double. When are you going? I have Emailed a few people who have stayed at this hotel (researched through this site) and 1 wrote back that the rooms are SMALL. Specifically she quoted 6X10 "with no exaggeration". Well, I hope she is exaggerating just a little (pardon the pun) because this would be too small for me. She did say that the area is great, convenient to lots of things but I hope more Fodorites will help me with this so that I can change hotels if necessary. I'm all for convenience but I would like to be able to turn around in the room! If you do stay there please keep my Email and let me know how it went. We are leaving 6/5/00.

Dec 21st, 1999, 04:02 AM
martha python

Our room was small, but it was certainly bigger than 6 X 10, and the bathroom was quite large. I hear rooms on the top floor are nicest; we didn't get one of those,or even see one, so I dunno. The staff is very friendly and helpful; I would stay there again.

Dec 21st, 1999, 07:16 AM
kay

Vanessa, our trip timing is up in the air because it will depend on my husband's business schedule that will take him to Paris. Since it may come at any time, I wanted to be prepared with a great hotel choice already picked. I'd looked at several web sites for Paris hotels, but yours you noted is MUCH better. And, while I was clicking through it just now, I found a hotel that sounds wonderful, just two blocks from the Ile St. Louis. Read the comments and it sounds terrific. The double rate was 1350 FF, more than the Lutece, but it certainly sounds worth it if you can go that high. If you read the comments, I think you might be convinced. I'd wanted to stay on the island, but this location sounds fine. Isn't it wonderful, planning European travel? Spreads out the enjoyment.

Dec 21st, 1999, 01:12 PM
Vanessa

Kay,

After careful consideration and several replies from people who've been there, we decided to move to the Hotel St. Paul de Marais. The room we will be getting is a double w/ jacuzzi (!) for 1090FF. I love planning European travel. This is the first time I have "gone it alone" without a group or package, just sort of winging it!! We will also travel on to the Stuttgart/Heildelberg/Black Forest area of Germany from Paris to visit the area my husband grew up in (he's an Army brat). Keep my Email and let me know how your trip goes and where you end up staying.

Dec 21st, 1999, 03:33 PM
Meg

I see that you've already made your decision on the St. Paul but wanted to give you some feedback on Lutece. I stayed at the sister hotel of Lutece - Hotel St. Louis about a block away from Lutece. It was charming, but the room was very small - barely room to walk around the double bed. The bathroom was tiny. We had a room on the 5th floor which had a small balcony and we had a sliver of a view of the river. If it hadn't packed so much charm into such a small space, I probably would have hated it - but it was within the budget and the location was incredible. The Marais is fabulous as well - I'm sure you will enjoy it. Have a great trip.