Reload this Page >

Hotel de la Sorbonne

Search

Hotel de la Sorbonne

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 07:25 AM
Margie

Hotel de la Sorbonne

Anyone ever stay at Hotel de la Sorbonne in Paris (Latin Quarter)? What is it like? Thanks.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 01:34 AM
Ursula

Margie: Hotel de la Sorbonne is at 6, rue Victor-Cousin (off Rue St.-Jaques). Have not stayed there, but the street shouldn't be too noisy. <BR>Go to www.pagesjaunes.fr and type in the address. Then you can see photo. Looks ok to me.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 01:41 AM
Ursula

If you go to <BR>www.paris.org.com <BR>go to "hotel" and "5th" arr. All hotels are listed there. You'll find as well the "Sorbonne". Sounds positive. I think comments are honest.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 06:30 AM
Margie

Ursula; Thanks for your help! I'll check those websites! <BR>M

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 06:42 AM
Margie

Ursula-- I checked out the addresses you gave-- Both very cool. Now we are very excited about staying at Hotel de la Sorbonne.... Thank you thank you thank you! <BR M

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 10:07 AM
Ursula

Margie. Wow, you made my day! Finally someone who comes back with appreciation. I lived quite a while in Paris and like to give my advice in this forum. Hope you like it in Paris. I'ill be there end of May. <BR>Some more sites before leaving: <BR> <BR>www.parisavenue.com (like nytoday.com) <BR>www.bparis.com <BR>www.paris-touristoffice.com <BR> <BR>You'll find a lot of useful links as transportation, restaurants, what do see and to do... <BR>Greetings from cold Switzerland.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 01:08 PM
fleur

Hotel de la Sorbonne is wonderful as long as you are not expecting lavishly decorated rooms with lots of floor space. It was perfect for us. We were on the top floor with dormer windows that overlooked the rooftops of the latin quarter. It was just what we wanted. Not all rooms have private bathrooms so be sure you are specific in your room request. The stairs are very narrow so moving large pieces of luggage was quite fun and as I remember the elevator did not go to our floor. It's a great location and you will feel safe even in the wee hours of the morning.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 02:14 AM
LynXXX

We stayed at Hotel de la Sorbonne 3 years ago. Michel and Annie were on reception then and Annie spoke good English (if you need it). The rooms are clean, not very big and bathrooms are tiny but ok. <BR>The lift fits two people or one carrying the coffee tray. The location is fantastic just up from Place de la Sorbonne. There is a post Office around the corner and an internet service just down the road. Again, if you need it. You can catch RER B from Charles de Gaulle and walk from Luxembourg station. Closest metro is Cluny Sorbonne and area is very safe with lots of students. You can ask for a courtyard room which is quieter but the street rooms are double glazed. Bit hot in summer to leave window closed perhaps. We used to hear the Sorbonne caretaker singing to his child when we stayed on the top floor. Lots of French people stay here and think it's good value. Hope that helps?

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 02:13 PM
Margie

Wow -- Thanks to you all for the great feedback. <BR>I am really glad to find this hotel. We did ask for a room on the courtyard (as recommended by a friend). We will be there in April and then I will report back! Merci beaucoup!