Reload this Page >

Hotel D'Aubusson question...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 12:47 AM
Doug

I am booked into the Hotel D'Aubusson in room #505 for later this month. It is a loft and and expensive compared to all the other rooms in the same hotel. I have never been there so I am very curious...is this the only room available because it is undesirable in some way or because it is just pricey? If you know anything about lofts at the Aubusson please let me know what you think

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 02:32 AM
elaine

Doug <BR>I don't know about the loft rooms but I stayed at the hotel this past December and would find it hard to believe that there would be an undesirable room anywhere in the hotel, especially not if they are charging more for it

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 05:55 AM
Patrick

Just a guess and my part, and I'd agree with Elaine about it being doubtful that there is a bad room there, but the top floors of those buildings have a lot of character in that there are dormer windows, sloping ceilings, and often exposed beams. I would imagine that your room will be considerably larger in floor space and have even more character than the other rooms, especially since they charge a premium for it. It has been my experience that most travelers seem to opt for the cheapest rooms in a hotel in Paris. We often find that only the larger or deluxe rooms are available, so that is probably why this room is still available. The only problem you might have is that I have often been known to bump my head frequently on sloping ceilings or beams -- but then I'm not known for being particularly graceful.

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 05:57 AM
Patrick

Oops, once again I have a second thought. Please, please post your impressions when you get back. If this room is really larger and special, I'd be very interested. I always stay in that immediate area and it could be something I'd be very interested in, especially since they will apparently confirm that room in advance, which most hotels won't do. If it has sloping ceilings, I'll just take some foam rubber to wrap around my head!!!!

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 08:14 AM
Ursula

Doug: I do not know whether a loft is always on the top floor (probably it is Nr. 505), but if it should be, it has the great advantage that you won't have anybody above you. Some hotels are not very soundproof.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 03:53 PM
Doug

Thanks Elaine, Pat, et al. I will happily post on my return in early April and fill you in on the details of my loft room. Thanks for your good advice

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 06:38 PM
CE

We're staying in the loft room for 8 nights in July with two kids. Can't wait to hear how it is.