Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel d'Argouges in Normandy - Does it have a website?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been searching for a hotel website, but can't find one. Does anyone know if this hotel has one? I've heard great reviews of this place in Bayeux, but would like to see the rooms online. Can anyone help?
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 10:54 PM

Hi lavaflow, just out of curiosity I went onto Google. They do not show a website for this hotel, just websites that give various reviews by travellers regarding this hotel. So evidently they do not have their own website.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

LoveItaly-- Thanks for checking! I did a google search too, but occasionally, websites don't come up on google. Strange. Oh well, I might just take a chance and make a reservation there anyway, based on the good reviews!

If anyone has stayed there and would like to describe the hotel, rooms, etc. I would appreciate it!
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 09:35 AM

We stayed at this hotel in April, 2002 for 2 nights. Very good location to D-Day sites. Staff was pleasant and helpful, and we had a very nice sized room for the two of us. Nothing extremely fancy, but more than adequate (remember it being more spacious than most other accommodations.)

I don't believe they have a website, but you can view a couple pics and a nice description on Karen Brown's website, or email them at [email protected].
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 09:45 AM

We stayed at the Hotel d'Argouges for 3 nights this past May and agree with what travelbunnies has written. It's certainly more than adequate but it's a 2 star and not luxurious. The reception area is beautifully furnished, as is the breakfast room. Parking is on site and only a couple of euro a night, as I remember. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. Bayeux itself is in a great location for doing the D Day sights, and this hotel is well located in Bayeux for getting places on foot (or by car). I would stay there again and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

Have a good trip; when do you go to France? This place fills up fast, so reserve early if you want to stay there.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 10:42 AM

We also have stayed at the Hotel d'Argouges a couple of years ago. The room was as stated comfortable but nothing grand, parking is off street in their courtyard. Our room overlooked the courtyard so the view was unremarkable but the location is great for a travel base. I remember a shop called Michigan across the street near the hotel. It was never open when we were out walking so I couldn't find out why it had that name. I don't think you would regret staying at the Argouges. Deborah
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your responses so far. Right now, I'm debating between Hotel d'Argouges and Chateau de Sully. Tough choice!
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 08:26 AM

i think i found the website.

www.chateau-argouges.com

Is that the same hotel? I"m just starting my research now.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 09:40 AM

No, that is not the same hotel. The Hotel d'Argouges in Bayeux does not, to my knowledge, have a website.

The Chateau d'Argouges, which you're referring to, is not in Bayeux, and is considerably upscale from the Hotel that is referred to often on this Forum.

The Hotel is, IMO, good value for the money and a pleasant place to stay. The rooms are not luxurious but certainly adequate.
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 11:18 AM

Regarding the Hotel d'Argouges, there's no where that I'd ever stay with my small groups than this place! It's charming, convenient, and picturesque as can be! The rooms are spacious and the welcome is so special! PERFECT place!
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 01:10 PM

Since you mention Chateau du Sully, lavaflow, I will just chime in with high praise for it. We really enjoyed it very much. Our room was very large and nicely appointed with floor to ceiling windows which opened on to the gorgeous front lawn. Beautiful lavendar plants lining the drive, cows off in the distance(no odor if you are wondering) and lovely park like grounds. It is located much more remotely than the Hotel d'Argouges for touring the beaches and WWII sites, but it was a very restful charming place to return to in the evenings. We enjoyed walking around after dinner just feeling part of the place. I will say that breakfast is no bargain and you will do better to stop at a patissiere to buy it. Au revoir.