Reload this Page >

Hotel Croce di Malta-Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 05:01 AM
Ellen

Hi staying in March 01 and cannot find any info on this hotel Found it on venere.com..but would like some opinions from those who have stayed her thanks

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Walter

Ellen: I didn't like the hotel (Feb98-6nights), nothing major but I was in the minority most posters who stayed there (try a search) liked it. They gave me a top floor with a 1 flight walkup just down the hall from the noisey elevator machinery, paper thin walls and the breakfast wasn't what I'd expect in a 4* hotel. But it seems the other rooms posters got were very nice and they had no complaints about the food. So maybe I caught them on a bad week. It's an OK hotel even if I'm right, so don't lose any sleep over your choice). HTH Regards, Walter <BR>

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 04:38 AM
topper

topping for Ellen

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Arlene

Hi Ellen,<BR>We stayed there 8 nights 4 or 5 years ago. We didn't care for it...especially my husband who complained ( a lot!!!) We had a room with a balcony overlooking the back garden and rooftops. For me, that made up for everything else! The room was sparcely decorated, ample cupboard space. The breakfast was nothing to write home about...but I didn't care about that because..coffee and something is just what I want. The location is fine...but the hotel needed a facelift. Maybe it's had one since then. Anyway you are leaving already...so don't worry. Try to get one of their better rooms. They had umbrellas in the lobby, so you don't need one....an afterthought.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 05:50 AM
ellen

Thanx to all who gave feedback on Croce di Malta. We're not going until June so I have time to book. My husband is also very picky so I 'm trying to find a place that is clean, comfortable and quiet with a decent amount of ambience. I'm looking at 4-41/2 star. Price would be about $410 Canadian. Would appreciate any suggestions from those of you who have already been. Thanx alot<BR>C

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 06:07 AM
GGinSF

Have you looked into the Brunelleschi Hotel? Their web site is http://www.hotelbrunelleschi.it/<BR><BR>It's been recommended here by several others.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 04:21 PM
rb

Stayed here last year. We had a duplex room which was great because we were traveling with our child but it was facing the front of the hotel and it was too noisy- (we should have asked for a room change but didn't)-The room was simple but clean-had some charm. But I wouldn't stay there again. You can definitly do better. And the area attracted some seedy people at night. We're from NYC so we weren't phased but still...

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 07:39 PM
deb

I know all the hotels that were mentioned very well and still love the Hotel Astoria best of all. In a beautiful rennovated palace, large nicely appointed rooms, beautiful modern bathrooms, phenomenal breakfast buffet, and best of all, really nice, helpful people who work there.

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 12:47 AM
ytu

I stayed there last year, and to be honest with you...I didn't go to florence to stay in the hotel. I just used the hotel to take a shower and sleep, and to that...is enough.<BR>The hotel could be better, but at least it didn´t have the roaches like some have in NY.