hotel continental la rambla

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 07:32 PM
nan

hotel continental la rambla

has anyone stayed here? any opinions?

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 10:16 AM
xxx

I'm also booked to stay there beginning of August so I am going to 'top' this one!

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 06:42 PM
nan

we are booked first week of august as well. Maybe we'll see you there?!

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 09:27 PM
Dan

I am booked 3th week of August I am sorry miss you gays, but have a great time both of you. The hotel looks is in a nice place.I saw my map and around the corner we have The Gorden Arch (Macdonald) and in the other corner of the block we have The Planet Hollywood. Enjoy friends.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 10:23 AM
sarah

Nan I will look out for you! Dan why are you going to Barcelona to visit Mcdonalds and Planet Hollywood- don't you have them where you live? You will find me in the local Tapas bar!

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 10:05 PM
Dan

Sarah the 2nd time I visited Paris 2 years ago I have been eating european meals for days and I went to an american restaurant Hard Rock Cafe and was so great(Montmatre Boulevard)I loved. I will return after Barcelona and after touring for 2 weeks France I will be back in Paris to this wonderful place before I got in the plane back to the States.(AAA recomend the Continental Hotel. I saw today in a book in their offices, so it must to be good- Barcelona/Madrid Hotels)

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 04:51 AM
debbie

I will be going on the 9th of August. Hope you guys have a great trip in Spain. Hotel La Rambla looked good on the internet, problem is they don't have A/C, only tropical fan. Hope it will suffice. <BR>

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 11:00 AM
Margo Classe

CONTINENTAL: Rambla Canaletas 138, 08002. <BR>Tel: 93-3012570. Fax: 93-3027360. <BR>Web site: http://www.hotelcontinental.com/ <BR>E-mail: [email protected] (35 rms., all w/toilet & bath or shower.) 8500ptas/51EURO (13500ptas/81EURO queen-size bed, balcony or facing Rambla) single; 11000ptas/66EURO (14000ptas/84EURO queen-size bed, balcony or facing Rambla) double; 12000ptas/72EURO (14000ptas/84EURO 2 twin beds, balcony or facing Rambla) double; 14500ptas/87EURO (17500ptas/105EURO queen-size bed, twin bed & balcony facing Rambla) triple; 17000ptas/102EURO (20000ptas/121EURO queen-size bed, 2 twin beds, balcony or facing Rambla) quad. Visa, MC, AX, DC. Buffet breakfast (6am-12noon, includes eggs) is included in the rates & can be served in the room (500ptas/3EURO extra pp). English spoken (José), cable TV w/BBC World & Eurosport, phones, fabulous wonderful charming hotel w/beautifully furnished & identically decorated nice-size rms., ceiling fans, #373, 374 & 244 (all w/king-size or 2 twin beds w/2 pull-out twin beds underneath the bed & balconies that face Rambla) are for a double or family; #255 (queen-size bed, large bathroom w/full-size bathtub & faces interior) are for a double; #259 & 258 (both are tiny adorable rms. w/double beds & small balconies that face back) are for a double; #250 (2 rms. w/double bed, 2 twin beds, 2 phones, bathroom w/full-size bathtub & faces interior), 247 (2 rms. w/double bed, 2 twin beds, bathroom w/ 2 toilets & interior patio w/2 doors to each room) & 375 (double bed, 2 twin beds & 2 bathrooms) are for a family; hairdriers, fridges, microwaves, safes, 9 rms. w/balconies, 5 rms. w/terraces, laundry services, bar, fabulous location on the noisiest but most popular street in Barcelona, elevator, 2 flrs. Owned/managed by Pilar Vallee. Look out for Kankkunen, the huge wonderful white Finnish mascot dog. Metro: Catalunya. Exit metro and walk on the left side with the even numbers going down Rambla. Cross street: Carrer Santa Ana.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 03:55 PM
susan

How about noise? We are "a bit older" and need sleep to enjoy our travels. Many thanks.

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 08:29 AM
xx

Choose a room at the back of the hotel-the view is not as good but the rooms are far quieter(and cheaper)