Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

hotel claude bernard or grand hotel des balcons?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 06:07 AM
susan

does anyone know which is the best choice?

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 06:42 AM
donny

I heard that the grand hotel des balcons is wonderful.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 06:47 AM
susan

thank you donny. i think my sweetie and i are going to book there.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 07:54 AM
David

Susan,<BR><BR>Although I have not stayed at either of these hotels they were both on our list when we went to Paris last September. I would suggest doing a search on this site before booking simply because you may find positive/negative info that will make your decision a little easier.<BR><BR>I don't know if this makes a difference to you or not but the Claude Bernard is a 3-star whereas Grand Hotel des Balcons is only two. That said though, here are a few web sites to check out (two of these offer reviews and the third offers pictures and detailed information:<BR><BR>1. Paris.org (go to hotels section and they'll be offered alphabetically. Not sure how often this site is updated though)<BR>2. anamericaninparis.com (offers reviews by many who have stayed in these hotels<BR>3. france-hotel-guide.com (pictures and detailed info. Keep in mind, however, that the actual properties often look quite different in person).<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR><BR>strive<BR>

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 07:55 AM
X

Susan,<BR>My husband and I stayed at the Grand Hotel Des Balcons one year ago on our honeymoon & we loved it. <BR><BR>Great location -- walking distance to Notre Dame & the Louvre. We enjoyed strolling through the little streets surrounding the hotel -- one evening after dinner in a nearby restaurant.<BR><BR>Ask for a room with a "balcony". It's VERY small... but so quaint. You can actually stand on it & look out onto the wonderful little Parisian street.<BR><BR>The morning breakfast was great & the hotel staff was very helpful.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Thyra

Balcons is my favorite small hotel in Paris. Wonderful rooms, excellent price and location. The the b-fest is the best I've seen in this class of hotel. We stayed there in 1999 and will stay there next time when we are in Paris. No question.