Hotel Capo d'Africa - Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking about staying at the Hotel Capo d'Africa for 3 nights in October. Does anyone have any thoughts on this hotel and on the area that it is located? Thanks!

Old Jun 30th, 2008, 07:44 AM

I was going to stay at this hotel in January. Then...after reading information about the location changed my mind and I'm glad I did. It is a beautiful hotel, I saw it when I was there. The location is really out of the center of things. Picture the Coloseum with the Forum coming out from it the Capo d'Africa hotel is on the other side of the Coloseum about 3/4 of a mile away. For perspective that is about 2 miles form the historic center of Rome. Additionally the neighborhood it is in isn't all that interesting for tourists. For 3 days I would pick a more central location.
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much. I was wondering if that was going to be a problem. Where did you end up staying?
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 07:11 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Portoghesi. I loved it but it isn't in the same class as the Capo d'Africa; just a small hotel with small rooms and breakfast only (a/c I believe). I liked it though because the location was amazing. It is right in the center of the historic district. We could walk everywhere but the hotel itself was quiet. There are very nice hotels in the same area of the Capo's quality but I don't remember the names I'm sorry to say.
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 02:40 PM

We stayed at Hotel Lancelot across the street from Capo D' Africa last year, though the location is quiet and acccesible to the Forum & Colosseum, it is a good distance to the rest of the attractions. We had to take the bus everytime and it got old. On our next trip, we vowed to choose a more centrally located hotel i.e. in the Piazza Navona/Campo D'Fiori area.
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much!!