Search

Hotel Canada

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2001, 10:35 AM
XXX

Hotel Canada

I'm booked at the Hotel Canada in Rome for August, has anyone out there stayed at this hotel and how was it? Keep in mind I need a hotel with rooms that would sleep 4 and close to Termini Station

Old May 17th, 2001, 10:40 AM
xxx

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Canada, friendly staff and nicely decorated, larger rooms. The breakfast is good as well, watch for the chocolate filled croissants. I will stay there next time I'm in Rome, as I was impressed! <BR>

Old May 17th, 2001, 10:43 AM
XXX

How was the location and the general area? How far was it from the train station, I was told about 5mins is this true?

Old May 17th, 2001, 10:56 AM
xx

Yes it's about five minutes, if that, as it's about 3-4 smallish blocks (not city blocks) from the termini. <BR> <BR>Yes, some streets around the termini are a little questionable, but this street was alright (even for a solo female, which I was). There are businesses and a restaurant on the street, there wasn't hangers-about and I wasn't hassled at all. I felt quite safe. <BR> <BR>The Hotel has a CC cameras trained on the street and corner which are watched by the front desk staff. Its a well run operation, and I think the rates at the area hotels are a deal due to people getting scared off of the Termini area. <BR> <BR>I don't think you'll be disappointed by this hotel.

Old May 17th, 2001, 11:07 AM
XXX

Thank you very much, I feel so much better now. I'll be with my family and I want to make certain that we'll be in a safe location.

Old May 18th, 2001, 08:12 AM
xx

I meant to mention the 'goodies' in the bathroom, you get everything from a toothbrush to a pack of kleenex, and a shoe buffer. It was a nice surprise. I brought them home with me and am now packing them to use in Paris this month.