Reload this Page >

Hotel Ca' D'oro Venice

Search

Hotel Ca' D'oro Venice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 05:37 AM
Bill

Hotel Ca' D'oro Venice

Can anyone give me information on this hotel?

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Laurie

Bill you don't say what you'd like to know. It's in the Canarregio area, it's 3* I believe. Their website is www.hotelcadoro.it It was recommended to me by someone I believe to be reliable, but I wound up staying elsewhere & never had time to check it out. What else would you like to know?

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Bill

Laurie<BR><BR>I guess I'd just like some feedback from someone who's stayed there. I've researched it, looked at the websites, checked prices, etc. From what I've seen, it appears nice. The location is not central, but I'm fine with that. The only thing is that it's fairly new and I haven't been able to find anything by way of first-hand accounts. I've never been to Venice, so anything I choose will be on faith. I'd just like to be as informed as possible. I'm also considering Hotel Ala, which seems more central, but also more expensive. I'm not against paying more so I could go with Hotel Ala, but what I've seen on Hotel Ca' D'oro intruiges me.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 11:06 AM
xxx

Bill, I wouldn't stay there if I were you. They are likely not to honor your reservation. Besides it is impossible to find a restaurant in Venice. You'll probably starve to death there. Maybe you should stay home in Peoria.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Bill

Thanks smartass. How did you know I was from Peoria?

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 09:53 AM
nancy

we stayed at the locanda Leon bianco,<BR>which is close by the one you are looking at.<BR>only 6 rooms, more like a pensione, but a lovely little place.<BR>a double cost us 155 Euro end of May.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 10:19 AM
Bill

Thanks Nancy. I'll check it out