Hotel Brighton in Paris?

Jan 3rd, 2001, 02:22 PM
lisabeth

Hotel Brighton in Paris?

Planning a week in Paris in April. Any thoughts? Have reservation at the Hotel Brighton...that's all I know!

Jan 4th, 2001, 10:24 AM
elaine

Hi if you do a Search here on the Brighton I believe you will find comments from the past.
Also look for comments at
www.paris.org
What other thoughts did you want about your week in Paris?
If you want recommendations on places to see, restaurants, etc, you can also search for those on this forum.
If you have specific questions, give us an idea of what your interests are, and your budget.

Jan 5th, 2001, 03:33 PM
Miane

Brighton is an average 3* hotel in a good location on rue de Rivoli, opposite the Louvre's Tuileries Garden. If you stay there, Angelina, one of Paris' famous (and a little overrated) tea romms is almost next door. It's also very close to one of my favorite art/bookshops, Galignani.

Jan 5th, 2001, 11:26 PM
ldsant

Just returned last week - stayed at the Hotel Brighton for two nights (ironically, due to meeting 2 women at Miane's favorite tea room - Angeline's) - mine too! ;-) Anyway, the location is wonderful, the staff not very friendly/helpful, the rooms were pretty large. If you want a view, make sure you ask for one. There are street side and backside rooms. These two women I met said that their room (in the "attic" - 5th floor) had a view of the Eiffel Tower. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Jan 6th, 2001, 08:28 AM
julia

We stayed at the Hotel Brighton last year and enjoyed a spacious room with a fabulous view (Louvre, Tuileries Garden, Eiffel Tower). There's an easy metro stop just accross the street. The drawbacks were the street noise and the staff (a stiff bunch). Though we enjoyed our daily strolls through Tuileries, the location was too busy and loud for us. We switched to a left bank hotel (tucked away on a little side street) after a few nights and though we lost the view, we were much happier with the location.