Reload this Page >

Hotel Aviatic in Paris

Search

Hotel Aviatic in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 06:09 AM
Judy

Hotel Aviatic in Paris

Hello, <BR> <BR>Any input for this hotel? Thought we had the Dauphine St. Germain all set but found this for only 700FF/nt. <BR> <BR>Thanks.......Judy

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 06:51 AM
Ursula

Hi Judy! My sister stayed there last year, because her favourite, "Villa des Artistes" in Montparnasse, was booked out. I think she was very satisified with the "Aviatic". It's a *** near the Odeon Theater. Check www.aviatic.fr. (also available in English). There, you'll find all details and photos. <BR>Good luck.

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 07:15 AM
judy

Thanks, Ursula, for your input. Could you ask your sister if the rooms were tiny? <BR> <BR>Thanks again. <BR> <BR>Judy

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 07:17 AM
Ursula again

Judy, sorry about my memory! The "Aviatic", Rue Vaugirard, makes almost the angle with the Boulevard Montparnasse, i.e.it is not close to the Odeon. BTW: Rue Vaugirard is the longest street in Paris, did you know that??

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 07:40 AM
Judy again!

didn't know that about the street! found approximately where the hotel is on a paris map. doesn't look too far away from things. what do you think?

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 07:47 AM
Ursula

Judy. Let me tell you this: the rooms are nice like the bathrooms, that is what matters to us Europeans (I am Swiss).You cannot compare with international five stars, especially American ones (are you American?). But I think these nice small hotels with friendly staff makes it so charming. When will you be off for Paris? My next trip will be end of May, wooow. If you you need any help tell me. I know Paris quite well or check with paris-touristoffice.com (the official site of the Tourist office). Bon voyage-good trip!

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 07:53 AM
Ursula again

forgot about the area. Nice neighbourhood. Depends what you want to see. I love the left bank (Montparnasse, St. Germain, Luxembourg) rather than the Saint Michel area (5th)and I love to stroll around in little streets (like Rue du Cherche-Midi).And the Metro is so fast. The hotel is near Montparnasse where you can take almost every line. I personally prefer the busses. Just ask the staff or get a map at any metro station.

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 09:53 AM
Judy

Thanks, Ursula! We are going to Paris March 6th. When I was there before we stayed at the Regina which is near the Louvre. When with my husband we normally stay at 4-5 star hotels but am going with a friend and really want to keep cost down and definitely stay on the left bank! I have heard the rooms are very small at the Hotel Dauphine St. Germain. Haven't heard about the Aviatic. We once had a room in Amsterdam that was so small we had no space to turn around in! Don't want that experience again! Think we will give the Aviatic a try even though it's a bit further out than I want to be. <BR> <BR>Thanks again!

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 01:40 AM
Ursula

Judy good morning! Pls let me know about the Aviatic (if ever the "Villa des Artistes" *** in Montparnasse ("my" hotel) should be booked out. I hope you could geta room for March 6th. Have a very nice stay in Paris. I have to wait until May 24th. Bon voyage! <BR>