Hotel asterisk, amsterdam recently?

Old Mar 6th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel asterisk, amsterdam recently?

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Asterisk, Amsterdam recently?
Thanks
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 06:53 AM

I havent stayed there, although my partner and I are going to be staying there for a week during April.
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 07:51 AM

you could check channels.nl and tripadvisor.com for reviews. have an enjoyable trip.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Tripadvisor has good reviews on the hotel If it lives up to the descriptions, it should be a good option for those of us taveling on a smaller budget.
LuisO, Please post a report when you get back from your trip. We are going to be visiting in May.
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

Just got back from Amsterdam. We stayed 7 nights at the Hotel Asterisk. We paid 68 euros a night for a double with the WC and shower down the hall. The hotel was clean and quite, with a very friendly staff. Not at all like a hostel. The breakfast was basic but very good: cheese, ham, bread, butter and jams, cereal, coffee, tea and juices. A good start for a day of walking and biking along the canals. Our room was tiny, but fun. We had to learn a little dance to moved around at the same time . We had a great time in and we will use this hotel again when return to Amsterdam.
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 05:53 PM

I'll second the recommendation. I stayed there the last week of April, in the same set up as merrymice. I had other friends who stayed in rooms with shower and WC included, and they were also happy with the hotel. Tram lines aren't far (we were headed out to the RAI Center, so this was nice), and the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museums are an easy walk. I'd stay again, but would opt for a room with private bath.