Reload this Page >

Hotel Alexandra, Rome

Search

Hotel Alexandra, Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 01:03 PM
Jeff

Hotel Alexandra, Rome

Hi all. Does anybody have any information on the Hotel Alexandra in Rome? Im going the end of February and staying over the weekend. It's near the Spanish Steps. Thanks.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 03:31 PM
Rob McPhail

Jeff <BR> <BR>Last January we stayed at a 3 star hotel with this name which was located on Via Veneto very close to the Pza Barberini metro stop. It's reasonably well promoted in a number of UK based city-break travel company brochures. <BR> <BR>It's location is excellent, the hotel is quite small as are the rooms. It was clean albeit a wee bit old fashioned and faded in places. Take some warm clothing as I found the bedroom a bit chilly and the public areas absolutely freezing. There is no restaurant apart from a glass covered breakfast room which was probably the reason it was so damn cold! <BR> <BR>Email me if you'd like further information. <BR> <BR>Rob <BR>

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 07:32 PM
judy

Oh, gee, glad to hear about this hotel. Our small group will be staying there for 2 nights in February, as well. So, thanks for the info, Rob. It was recommended and I found it on the web also. Hope it's not too chilly. I'll try and re-post my opinion when we return.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 07:52 PM
Carolyn

Yes, the Hotel Alexandra is old but it is quaint. The water in the shower kept losing the heat but what do you expect in an old hotel? It is in one of the most important areas in all of Rome. The street is quite pretty and the area is very safe. You are right between the Spanish Steps and Fontana di Trevi, 2 big tourist locations. The Hard Rock Cafe is also on the Via Veneto and you'll find hoards of people looking for it. Bottom line: location, location, location. We wanted to experience the history of the country and staying in old places can help find the feeling of it. We would return to this hotel.

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 04:44 AM
Rob McPhail

Carolyn <BR> <BR>As I said in my earlier message the Alexandra’s location is excellent but there is more to a ‘bottom line’ than that. <BR> <BR>Our bedroom was cold, as were the public areas. In the past I have lodged in similar rated hotels, some of which were older than the one in question. They were better. Much better. <BR> <BR>Contrary to your opinion I would not return to this hotel again. <BR> <BR>Rob <BR>