Search

Hotel advice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 06:53 PM
Jamie

Hotel advice

In early September I am travelling with a girlfriend to Vienna and Prague. We are trying to keep our costs down and are looking for decent hotel options. Our top priority is safe area/good location and a clean prviate room with private bath. Any advice, suggestions. We'd like to stay around $150 USD per night, per room..Thanks!

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 07:28 PM
Rex

Sorry that I cannot ofer advice on hotels in either city. But may I offer some advice on "etiquette" on this forum? <BR> <BR>There is no (reasonable) length limit on the header you give to your message. <BR> <BR>Everyone (those who want to answer, as well as those who simply want to read your message "thread") would benefit from a header that describes what you are actually seeking. <BR> <BR>I recommend you re-post with a header like "Hotel advice for Vienna and Prague". <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 07:54 PM
mimi

We returned in May from both cities and had excellent luck with using Best Western. They offer smaller hotels,three and four star, in excellent locations. They are easy to book using the 800 number in the U.S. and they are not like their hotels in the U.S. In Vienna we enjoyed the 4 star Pension Arenberg, which has been mentioned on this site before. For less than $120. we had a large room, breakfast, and tax included. The location was safe and we walked at night from all the restaurants for it was only about 10 mins. from St. Stephen. In Prague we splurged and stayed at the 4 star Plaza Meteor, which was larger and more of a hotel. Again the location was great, near new and old town and a great walk to the Charles Bridge winding your way through old town. This hotel had large rooms, very good breakfast, and a good restaurant in the cellar which dated back to the 1400's. This cost was about $145. in May.

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 07:58 PM
Deb

Jamie, I just got back from Prague and stayed at Dum U krale Jiriho. I was traveling alone and always felt safe there but according to guide books it is in kind of a party area. It is over an Irish Pub that was fun and a great place to meet other people. The room was cute and the bathroom very nice. I think I paid around $60 for a room with two beds. I did hear people running around late at night so there was some noise but you would probably find that in most places in old town. The Cloister Inn looked nice also and there have been good comments on this board about it. <BR>You should do a search on this board for Prague and you will see a number of hotels mentioned.

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 09:22 PM
Linda

I stayed at Hotelpension Arenberg in Vienna in December--really nice and within the Ring. As previous poster stated, it is 4* and part of Best Western but has posh Vienna feel. You might check the Hotel Drei Kronen. It is just outside the Ring and about 5-8 minute walk to the Opera. <BR>In Prague we stayed at Penzion Balbin on Balbinova. It is clean, shower & toilet in room, good buffet breakfast and 3-5 minute walk to just about anywhere in Prague. <BR>Check nethotels.com for good info on both cities and www.avetravel.cz for just Prague.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 05:03 PM
Jamie

Thanks for the help! I did book the Ardenberg in Vienna. The Plaza Meteor is available in Prague USD $160 and they want prepayment now for mid-September arrival. Also booke the Dormus Henrici (small hotel 8 rooms). Has anyone ever heard of it or stayed there? Looked quite quaint USD$155. Best-Jamie