Reload this Page >

Hop on Hop off bus tours in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Matt

Since most of the historical sights are very centrally located within Rome, would a bus tour be a waste of time and money? If not, do you have any suggestions for me, like which company, where to buy the tickets, and how much do they cost? Thanks.

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:36 AM
LJ

"Hop on, hop off" bus tours (as opposed to actual Tour Buses with guides and loudspeakers) leave from Termini (and other big central tourist spots) frequently-it changes, so do check, but the Number 110 was the correct one not too long ago. It is a good way to get the lay of the land without investing in a bus tour as such. <BR><BR>Or you can wing it and buy a map that shows the bus routes with the major tourist attractions on them and an all day pass, which is available at Termini and other stations. This would be my preference now that I know the city a bit better.

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:24 AM
Ken

We are planning to take a RCL cruise and a day excursion to Rome this Summer. I found out that Rome Citytourbus 110 is quite useful for us. Please check the website, WWW.romavision.com. It has a detail map to show where it goes. It costs 12.91 Euro for "Stop&Go". It runs from 9am to 6pm every 30 minutes. Hope this help.

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:54 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Do a search under " CIAO ROMA".

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:03 AM
jim

The website www.romavision.com does not work.

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Steve

Try www.romavision.it This worked for me.