hop on buses

Jun 28th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Original Poster

hop on buses

I beleive the passes are for 24 hours, so if you started the first day at 11 A m & boarded the next day at10 A m would you only be able to stay on the bus for 1 hour ?
Jun 29th, 2004, 05:46 AM
ira

topping
Jun 29th, 2004, 05:49 AM

Why would you do that? I'll let someone else do the math, but if you planned to return for a second day, why wouldn't you buy a two day pass? What hop on/hop off bus, city, etc.

I think maybe jean is pulling our legs!
Jun 29th, 2004, 07:30 AM

It's a legitimate question. I was actually just musing about that myself.
Jean, are you thinking about the ones in London or elsewhere? (not sure if it matters)
Jun 29th, 2004, 07:55 AM

In my experience (in London) nobody will go around and check your ticket to see if you've overstayed your welcome. But if you hop off, you won't be able to hop on again once the time has expired. We usually use the last bit of time in the morning to take the river ride and end up at the Tower to tour there.
Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:49 AM

We used the hop on/off busses recently, and frankly, did not like them for anything except getting a once around the city. TO use them for travel between spot to spot wastes ALOT of time. Better to use the underground, walk, or take a regular bus. We bought the tickets online, sort of flashed the confirmation notice at the first driver, and then rode without anyone even questioning us for ther est of the day. We had a 2-day, but never set foot on the bus the 2nd day, preferring to walk or tube.
Jul 3rd, 2004, 07:04 AM

We liked the hop on hop off bus but only for touring not for transportation. We took after the rush hour-London seemed very different from the top of the bus in the evening.
Some buses have tape recorded guides, others have a 'live' guide. We always take the latter. Similar to the other poster, we use the ticket the next day (embark before the expiration time) for another short tour.
Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:23 AM

Grasshopper, What does this mean? Is there a bus that rides along the river or can you use some sort of water taxi?

"We usually use the last bit of time in the morning to take the river ride and end up at the Tower to tour there."

Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:29 AM

The price of the hop on/hop off includes a boat ride along the Thames from Westminster Pier to the Tower. Good way to get a different view of the City and learn some more about London.
Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks eveyone .Forgive me if I was'nt very explicit, I,m only 73!!! happy that most of you understood me , I was trying to help afriend with her trip.