Reload this Page >

Honeymoon Planning

Search

Honeymoon Planning

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Honeymooners

Honeymoon Planning

My fiance and I are looking for ideas for our honeymoon. We are getting married on July 5, 2003, and &quot;plan&quot; on leaving for Europe soon after that. What do you all think? Any great ideas? Especially for the countries of Italy, Switzerland and beyond? Or, should we consider a diferent angle altogether!<BR><BR>Help us Honeymooners!

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 08:35 PM
K

I loved Italy. Consider Cinque Terre and/or Verona. As for Switzerland, I have no ideas. <BR><BR>Other 'angels' you may want to consider are resorts in Mexico or cruises in the Caribean.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Melanie

Murren, Switzerland is one of my favorite places in the world. Had I known about it 20 years ago when I got married, I would have chosen it for my honeymoon. It's quiet, peaceful and isolated (although in the summer months many day trippers go through Murren on their way to the Schilthorn). By night, it's a different story altogether. <BR><BR>Congratulations!

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 09:43 PM
Buzzee

I thought Venice the most romantic city I had ever been in...and the worst part I was traveling with a friend...not my partner and he thought it romantic also. We both wished we were with our significant others.<BR><BR>The Lake Como region is also very romantic for some reason. I think it would be a great place for a more active honeymoon spot as there are tons of hiking trails. You can take boats up and down the lake to visit other areas and perhaps continue on to Switzerland that way.<BR><BR>Italy is, for some reason, very romantic. You might try the Amalfi Coast also and any islands you can get to.<BR><BR>One of the most serene experiences I've had recently was in a rooftop hotel lap pool in Milan. <BR><BR>Have a great time wherever you go! For my own Honeymoon I am considering the following:<BR>Maui, Fiji and NZ or<BR>Greece or<BR>Lake Como and Sicily<BR>or depending on how badly the market falls between now and then: <BR>the ultra cheap version: staying near friends and relatives in the US.<BR>

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:48 AM
xxx

Live in Switzerland, but don't know if I'd consider it a &quot;honeymoon&quot; sort of destination - especially in Summer. Really depends on what you want and expect from your trip. If you love mountains, their valleys, and lakes, then yes, by all means. There are lots of quaint villages, some with views and access to snow-covered peaks even in July. Wengen, Sils Maria, and Zermatt come to mind. The Italian area of Switzerland is also a good destination (Locarno, Lugano, Ascona, etc.). But if you want some sea, some nightlife, some flavor, then Italy would likely be your choice. The Amalfi coastline is one area that comes to mind... <BR><BR>