Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Rome

Search

Honeymoon in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Stoli

Honeymoon in Rome

I am getting married in Febuary and we are going on a tour for 12 days ending in rome. We have two days on are own to "do the honeynoon thing" can any one recomend a romantic B&B or place to go close to rome. Hopefully we will have had our fill of touring and will just want to be alone..

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 11:30 AM
jack

Im much older but Rome is good for any age.Near campodefiori,steves in his book lists romantic places.If you dont have access to his book i could give the names and addresses and tel number.enjoy

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Stoli

I have his book already. In the past I have looked at some of his suggestions while I was in Paris. He generally aims for BUDGET hotels so I was looking for a place that people have first hand experience with. With my honeymoon I don't want to take any chances with booking a Italian laquenta if you know what I mean. Thanks for the lead..

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 10:02 AM
Book Chick

Hi Stoli,<BR>Congratualtions on your impending wedding!<BR><BR>You may want to try a guest house called Casa Howard. They pamper you, and are in a good locale near the Spanish Steps in case you do want to tour, or just walk around a nice neighborhood. They now have 2 locations, and their web site is www.casahoward.com<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Eye Spy

Congratulations Stoli! Weather permitting, a cocktail at sunset from the top of Hotel Eden is breathtaking!

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Stoli

Thank you verry much for you advice, I am meeting with Jennifer tonight and I will show her your suggestions.. Thanks again... Stoli

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 02:34 PM
xxxx

why are you going to Rome to do &quot;the honeymoon thing&quot;? By your own admission, you'll be sick of touring, so just go home and be alone. Am I missing something here or there is something really stupid about this post?

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Stoli

Well it's my Honeymoon, I will be spending the rest of my life at home, trying for romance..I am really looking forward to it.Thanks for the input.. Stoli

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 09:08 AM
Carol

Rome is a fabulous city and two days will barely touch the surface. But if you don't want to sightsee or tour, just stroll the wonderful narrow, side streets in old Rome. That area is filled with unexpected surprises, terrific neighborhoods with little cafes, shops, etc. <BR><BR>Congratulations on your wedding and on choosing Italy for a honeymoon. You will love it.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:00 AM
Stoli

We found a b&amp;b on another web sight that I think we are going to check on. It is at the top of the &quot;Spanish Steps&quot;, my only concern is we might have to climb allot of hills to get arround. I have a e-mail in to the proprietor asking about getting arround right now just to check on location.Thanks to everyone for your input.. Stoli

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Mark

I would recomend the Ambasciiatori place hotel. The location is pretty good but it is't exactly a B&amp;B if that is what you are looking for.. Mark

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Stoli

We are looking at the Hotel Albergo del Senato has any body stayed there?

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 06:34 AM
Larissa

Congratulations! My husband and I stopped in Rome during our honeymoon this past October. We stayed at the Albergo Del Senato hotel and really enjoyed it. It is in a great central location and we walked to all the sights, which is very important since you have a limited time in Rome. The staff was very helpful in recommending restaurants in the area. <BR><BR>If you go with this hotel be sure to ask for a room on the top floor with a balcony overlooking the Pantheon. It was a very dramatic view of that ancient building and the square below. I don't think I would say that it was a B&amp;B type hotel, but it was romantic. (Isn't everywhere romantic on your honeymoon?)

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Stoli

I think anywhere will be romantic, but considering that we will probably spend allot of time in our room I just wanted to make shure that I am not renting a shoe box with a bathroom down the hall.. Thanks for the advice.. Stoli

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Kris

Stoli, you and Jennifer will love the Albergo del Senato. The location is perfect and it's reasonably priced. I don't know about your budget, but as wonderful as the Albergo del Senato is, I think I might want something even fancier for a honeymoon. Remember, this is a once in a lifetime trip! Congratulations on your marriage.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Debby

Why not do something truly memorable? Conceive your first child in the Colloseum. Sneak off into the restroom or a a quiet alcove. Then name your kid Ceasar, or Ceasarina.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 10:16 AM
Stoli

I will run the Idea by her....Thanks for the input on the hotel..

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Grechen

Definately look for a hotel near the Spanish Steps. We stayed there last summer &amp; it was verry romantic...

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Mark

Try the inn at the spanish steps. Expenive but nice...Good luck

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 07:14 PM
rivers

Stoli;<BR>I guess your &quot;tour&quot; will be spending at<BR>least a few days in Rome, and you're adding two days on your own.<BR>If I'm right go about 30KM north of the Rome airport for a truly unique and once in a lifetime honeymoon experience,<BR>La Posta Vecchia.<BR>This place is an unbelievable viila mansion on the sea that was once owned by J. Paul Getty. You won't believe the rooms, the decor, the gardens, the setting, just everything about it.<BR>The lower level has uncovered Roman ruins, and was even thought to be the weekend retreat of Julius Ceaser.<BR>It's not cheap. I think that we paid <BR>almost $500 per night 2 years ago.<BR>It would be the ultimate honeymoon memeory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -