Honeymoon in Rome

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 07:38 PM
robert

Honeymoon in Rome

My wife and I are planning to go to Rome for a belated honeymoon (first time to get out of Canada). Any suggestion on what month (July or August) is the best time to go and hotels? We're planning to spend 5 days. Thx

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 07:58 AM
Questioner

First, how much are you looking to spend on a hotel?

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 08:32 AM
Trish

Hi Robert,

Both July and August will be pretty hot weather wise in Rome. In August, a lot of the restaurants close down, since that's the month that many Romans go away on vacation.

Howver, many of the hotels will give discounts for the month of August, because that's considered their "off season." Off season or not, there are still a lot of tourists there, in my opinion.

Since this is a belated honeymoon, could you wait until the month of Sept. or even Oct., where the weather will be nicer, and the crowds will be less?

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 02:44 PM
robert

Thanks for the response. I guess I can wait until mid September. My wife is pregnant and due on December so I cannot delay it further than that. Our budget is about $1600 for everything (hotel, food, etc.).

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 02:55 PM
LHR

Hi Robert,

Well what a wonderful and romantic place to have a belated honeymoon!! I agree with your other response in that if you can it would be much better to delay your trip to Sept. It will be very hot during both July and August. In August most Italians leave the city and go on holiday themselves. This means that quite a lot of places close for "Fero Augusto". Therefore it is mostly tourists that are in the city.

Can I make a recommendation for you to take your wife to dinner for your belated honeymoon. Experience the wonderful rooftop restaurant at the Hotel Eden on Via Ludovisi. You can't miss it as it is quite famous. Their chef used to cook for Charles and Dianna. Yes "The" Charles and Dianna. Not only is the food fabulous but the view is fantastic. Robert it is a little expensive but not ridicuously so.

If you are interested in doing any tours while you are in Rome please feel free to contact me direct on my email. I live and work in Rome and my colleagues and I cover all the main sights such as the Vatican City, The Ancient City (Forums) the historical centre incl Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Piazza Venezia and the Campidogolio. We also have day trips to Pompeii and Capri and can offer a private tour service to places such as Tivoli, Assissi and Florence for example.

Unfortunately our web site is "under construction" so if you would like more detailed information and prices, or if I can help you with any other information at all please feel free to contact me on

[email protected]

Have a wonderful "belated honeymoon"