My fiance and I will be celebrating half of our honeymoon in London starting on April 25th. We arrive at LHR at around 7AM, ---We will leave London to Paris on the following Sunday May 1st.
I have a few questions, please see below
1. From Heathrow to Hotel, is this the best route?
30 mins ---tube
Piccadilly line to Hammersmith Underground Station
12 mins ----tube
District line to Sloane Square Underground Station
10 mins ---bus
137 bus or 452 bus to Battersea Park / Chelsea Gate
Walk to 1 Chelsea Bridgewharf, Vauxhall
2. It looks like it's raining quite a bit for awhile, guessing it will be quite messy while we are there? Not sure how the rain goes in London, here it's somewhat miserable when it goes for days of raining(North Carolina, USA)
3. Whats the best way to exchange dollars to pounds, here in the US? Or in London?
4. What time should we leave our hotel to be at the warner brothers harry potter tour at 11:30AM? The route from http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ mentions its around 2hr trip, although I read it's only like 20km from london??
5. Best Windsor castle day trip tour? Or how would I get there?Any advice on this?
6. I believe we will definitely be getting the oyster card, still not sure if we should do the travel card. 6 Full Days in London. I'm guessing we can get the oyster card at the picadilly station that's at LHR terminal 3?
A little regret that our hotel will always involve a bus route, but it seems like a very awesome hotel and it was a very good price so, perhaps we shall just see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 3 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 4 Where to stay in Naples?
- 5 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Driving
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 11 My France Vacation
- 12 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 13 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 14 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 15 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 16 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 17 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 18 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 19 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 23 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 24 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 25 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour