COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

HONEYMOON IN JUNE

Old Oct 14th, 1997, 02:40 PM
Victoria

HONEYMOON IN JUNE

I'm planning my honeymoon in June. Since my fiancee has never been to Europe, and it may be the only time I have a two week period off from work, I'm hoping to go to Europe. We want to do a combination of relaxing at a nice beach/lake (and possibly golfing) resort and sightseeing. Since we only have 2 weeks we'd like to try and stay in the same area (rather than jumping from one end of Europe to the other). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated becasue, at this point, I am overwhelmed.

Old Oct 14th, 1997, 07:29 PM
Tricia

If I were you here is what I would consider: the Greek Isles, the lake regions of No. Italy, Costa del Sol, Spain (great golf courses) and my personal favorite is the island of Terschelling in the North Sea off the coast of Holland. There is a 400 year old lighthouse there you can get married in, and then honeymoon on your own floor. No one except the computer technicians are there. No golfing, but lots of boating, bicycling, pubs, darling town square with wonderful restaurants. There are 3 town s on the island. The middle town, or Midsland has a darling windmill converted into a pub. The town of Harlingen is the town the ferries leave from and it is also worth a few nights stay. I found another town in Holland that has no roads only canals, like a small intimate Venice. Search this web-many questions/answers on the above sites!! Good luck!
And then there is always Disneyworld!!

Old Oct 14th, 1997, 07:58 PM
Tom

For relaxation and touring pleasure, I recommend the lake district area within southern Switzerland and nearby, northern Italy. From there, you can easily visit, via train, portions of Switzerland (Interlaken, Zermatt) and Italy (Venice, Milan, and even Florence). As far as golfing goes, I'm not sure what's available - although I believe a resort such as St. Moritz would have a superb golf course(s). Enjoy your honeymoon!

Old Oct 14th, 1997, 11:20 PM
joelle

Since you will be going in June, why don't you try the Provence area ? Prices are not too high and crowds should not be too much of a problem.
You can rent a car and drive around (Avignon, Les Baux areas) or head to the French Riviera (Cannes and Antibes), should you prefer beaches.

Old Oct 20th, 1997, 02:54 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Victoria, Your honeymoon is too important to not
get some help and good advice. The Italian lakes
and the Alps are the perfect choice. I have planned several trips in this area and know it well.
If romance is what you want then contact me
directly and I will try to help. I have just returned
from my favorite haunts in the Lake region and
reinforced my own 44 year romance with my
favorite girl. It is a magical place made for romance
I know the perfect small hotels for you. Lets talk.