Honeymoon in Europe - Pls advise

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 1998, 01:12 AM
Peggy

hi,
we are thinking of going Europe for our honeymoon this year in late Oct/early Nov. Cld anybody please advise on where shd we go ? we have been to England & France, so we're hoping to visit some other beautiful cities... where the climate is cooler at that time of the year.
Budget is only moderate, looking forward to all suggestions. Thank you.

Old May 2nd, 1998, 08:38 AM
Tom

Try Prague.

Wery beautiful old city that has never been damaged by war. Outstanding old town square, castle district, cathedral, Charles Bridge, etc.

Reasonably priced although the hotels can be expensive. My wife and I had a great dinner at a 4 star restaurant roast, duck, potato dumplings, purple cabbage, bread, Budvar beer(best in the world!) and the total for both of us including tip was $28. The same meal can be had in most restaurants for $10 to 12 total for two. Do not, however take a taxi, those guys are the biggest rip-off artists in all of Europe.
Prague is probably the most beautiful city we have been in.

Old May 2nd, 1998, 02:10 PM
Wes Fowler

By all means consider Brugges, Belgium, an extraordinary city. Small enough for delightful walks. Loaded with excellent restaurants and charming small hotels. Will send you an Email with some specifics once I locate my files.

Old May 2nd, 1998, 05:06 PM
ellen

Hoiw about Austria. Lovely Innsbruck, Salzburg, Hallstat and even a stay in Vienna.
Easy to use Munich to fly in/out or Vienna

Old May 3rd, 1998, 11:40 AM
Craig

I second Pague. Magical and romantic, go while it is still "small" in the tourist world. Might I also suggest using Iceland Air and stopping in Reykjavik on the way back home for a few days. The blue lagoon near Keflavic is out of this world. While in the Czech region you could see Vienna or Innsbruk or go to the south of Germany. The food and the beer is best in those regions at that time of year.

Old May 3rd, 1998, 12:03 PM
Linda

I agree with 2 of the others. The Charles Bridge at night in Prague is beautiful and very romantic. You get the most for your money in pension/hotel, meals, gifts, etc. AVE Accommodations in Prague has an email address: [email protected] We told them what we were looking for & they found a great place to stay.