Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Cinque Terra

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 07:22 AM
KC

Hi!<BR><BR>We are hoping to honeymoon somewhere in the Cinque Terras. Could you recommend the best way of doing this? Should we rent an apartment or are there some really nice hotels? We would really like to be spoiled, so if there are beautiful apartments for rent, do they include maid services, etc? Are there any spectacular hotels on a beach with beautiful rooms and breathtaking views? We would prefer them to not be all inclusive so we can visit the wonderful restaurants in and around the Cinque Terra. This is our honeymoon, so price isn't really an issue and we would love to be pampered!<BR><BR>Thanks for your help!

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 07:56 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Hello KC, When are you going?<BR>I suggest you look at the Porta Roca in Monterosso or the G.H. Portovenere as the best two hotels in the region.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Henly Gold

I highly agree with Porto Roca. I think it is actually the only hotel on the beach. It is very nice, and right at the beginning of the walking path to Vernazza. It is less than 10 minute walk to train station, and only a few minutes to restaurants and shops. You can also catch water taxi's right on the beach to the other towns. You may want to treat yourself to a boat ride to Portofino and maybe visit a spa or have a great meal also.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Ann

I second the Hotel Porta Roca. Very lovely hotel and convienent to other things, but still tucked away on the hillside. Didn't eat there but have heard great things. I just got back and I loved the CT!

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 01:18 PM
ralphie

I think 'renting an apartment' and being 'spoiled' are mutually exclusive for the most part. I personally rented the apt and completely enjoyed it, but there was no spoiling going on.<BR><BR>I also recall very very few hotels in Cinque Terre. We showed up without a reservation and just rented a room from the locals, as many tour books suggest. I felt apprehensive doing this but it worked out great.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 05:49 PM
sue

Hi,<BR><BR>I have stayed and eaten at the Porto Rocco. The price for breakfast and dinner was resonable then (2 years ago). The food was wonderful as was the hotel. I think it is a great honeymoon place. Beautiful views.