Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Budapest

Search

Honeymoon in Budapest

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 09:00 AM
John

Honeymoon in Budapest

My fiancee and I are planning on spending as few nights in Budapest as part of our honeymoon. We are looking to find the nicest hotel for a reasonable price. We are thinking about the Kempinski, Hilton, Marriott or the Danubius Gellert. Any suggestions/alternatives? Have found a tour company (Tradesco) who has better rates than going direct.Again,any suggestions/alternatives for getting the best prices?

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 03:41 PM
Phyllis

Those hotels are all nice. We stayed at the Gellert and loved it...old world charm. The others are newer and on the other side of the river where there is more action. We went on our own...train from Vienna, very nice. There's a great, very cheap restaurant down the street from the Gellert. Four course dinner for two for ten dollars! The Gellert has a great spa, world famous. Depends what you are looking for. Budapest is great!

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 08:15 AM
Mike

John: If you are looking for a nice hotel at a reasonable price, you may want to try the Hotel Victoria. It is on the Budha side of the river (same side as Gellert only a little farther down) and has only 20 or so rooms - all with views of the Danube and Pest. For more info, check Fodor's on-line hotel guide for Budapest. If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me, I lived and worked in Budapest for a Summer and have been back as recently as December of '98.

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 08:51 AM
s.fowler

I second the recommendation for Hotel Victoria. I stayed there this June and July. It is small, the rooms are modern and nice, the bathrooms have showers with many amenities and the view from the rooms is fabulous - parliament and the chain bridge. The staff is very helpful and speaks excellent english. <BR>There have been some comments about it's location being noisy. My "take", after two stays there this summer, one on the second floor, is that the double-glazed windows do their job. I was barely aware of the traffic. The main reason for asking for an upper floor is to clear the treetops for the view. I'd ask for floor 4 or higher. <BR>Their website is: http://1-800-travel.com/hotel-victoria/ <BR>Please email me for more information about restaurants in the neighborhood. Please note the new email. The other address is out of order for a bit.

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 09:18 AM
Gallagher

Thanks for replying guys and girls...I appreciate the assistance