Reload this Page >

Honeymoon hotel in Rome & Sorrento

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 06:09 PM
AnnM.

We have reserved rooms at the following hotels for our June honeymoon: <BR> <BR>Hotel Piazza di Spagna (Rome) <BR>Hotel Settimo Cielo (Sorrento) <BR> <BR>1) Does anyone have feedback (good/bad) on these? <BR> <BR>2) If these are bad choices - does anyone have firsthand recos? We are looking to spend under $200/night, and in Rome we want to be near the Spanish Steps, and in Sorrento simply near the town center. <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance! <BR>

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 11:31 PM
Miles

The places to stay in Rome are: <BR>1)Hotel Eden <BR>2)Aldrovandi Palace Hotel <BR>3)Hotel Hassler Villa Medici <BR>4)Hotel Lord Byron <BR>5)Hotel Majestic <BR>The place to stay in Sorrento is the Excelsior Vittoria, however, I personally would stay in Amalfi, at Hotel Santa Caterina. If you book up any of the above suggestions, a honeymoon to remember is in the making.

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 05:51 AM
igor

Miles, <BR>Please read the question carefully before responding. Ann asked for the <BR>specific price range (under $200 a night), so why the heck do you suggest <BR>hotels that are in $400 range?

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 03:42 PM
nancy

Ann, <BR>just topping this , in hope you geet more input. <BR>All the places I checked out are down in the Campo di' Fiori area, so I can not help. <BR>Have you checked out the www.venere.it site?

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 03:51 PM
nancy

Ann, <BR>Did a search, not much info , but I did top a post for you at 7:48pm, It is titled Hotel Recommendations, and there is one post that mentions it. <BR>Enjoy your honeymoon!

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 05:24 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, AnnM <BR>Have not stayed at either of these hotels however am familiar with the <BR>area of the Spagna/Rome and here is <BR>what information relative to location. <BR>The HOTEL PIAZZA DI SPAGNA is located <BR>on the Mario de Fiori which runs north from the via D. Mercede about 4 blocks north to the via Vittoria and is a block <BR>west and parallels the Macelli, which <BR>runs past the bottom of the Spanish Steps. This is the Corso/Condotti area <BR>with many, many shops and ristorantes <BR>around. <BR>The HOTEL SETTIMO CIELO is on the via <BR>Capo, 27 and this street is about 800 <BR>m west of the Pza Tasso, the center of <BR>town, there are many hotels on the Capo <BR>not being familiar with shops or ristorantes in this area. <BR>If you want a listing of tried and true <BR>ristorantes in the Rome area, drop me <BR>a line and will reply promptly. <BR>Richard of La Grange Park, Ill..

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 05:40 PM
Stan

There is a small hotel on the Piazza Barberini (near the via veneto, not far from the Spanish Steps) called the Hotel Barocco. There are only 28 rooms very well appointed, QUIET, and serves a great breakfast. You should be able to get a room for around $200

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 06:14 PM
AnnM

Thanks for everyone's help! I'll keep doing my research, as Rome & Sorrento were the two cities we are visiting in which we had no first-hand hotel recos. <BR>We are also spending time in Naples, Amalfi, and Ravello (though only one night in Ravello), but we already had some family recommendations in those towns. Thanks!

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 08:22 PM

to the top <BR>

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 06:49 AM
Carey

Ann, <BR> <BR>I can make a suggestion for Rome.......... <BR> <BR>www.casahoward.com <BR> <BR>It is a small hotel by the Spanish Steps. Excellent Location. Right in your price range. If you check them out on there website............I would recommend the Pink Room. We stayed in the Chinese Room, and It was a little too small. But you do get the Turkish Bath with it, and that is to die for! It is the best shower I have ever been in! The hotel only has 5 rooms, so you need to book well in advance, but the service is very nice, they have free web-tv, breakfast in the morning, etc. It is a very quite hotel. I think that you will like it a lot, and since it is hard to find something special in your price range..........this is the hotel for you! if you have any question. Please feel free to email me! Carey

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 12:42 PM
AnnM.

Carey - <BR> <BR>Casa Howard looks wonderful! I just emailed to check on to see if the Pink Room is available for our travel dates. Thanks for the suggestion, it definitely seems unique. <BR> <BR>