HONEYMOON HELP IN PARIS PLEASE!!

Old Jul 5th, 1998, 09:59 AM
Natalie Arage

HONEYMOON HELP IN PARIS PLEASE!!

We will be travelling to Paris for the first time in November and we need help on everything first hotel, looking to spend $100-150 a night(if possible), what district is the best to stay to be close to the sights, yet safe, we plan to take a day trip to london onthe chunnel? good idea or not?
Any insight on weather in November and hotel information, tips and advice is needed

Old Jul 5th, 1998, 01:16 PM
jean

I stayed @ the Hotel Angleterre in Paris & recommended it to friends who then spent their honeymoon there. It's a small hotel and well situated for good sightseeing. Not fancy, but nice rooms.

Old Jul 6th, 1998, 04:21 AM
francesca

Paris is a pretty safe city, certainly safer than most US cities. Any central area is pretty safe--the dangerous neighborhoods tend to be the suburbs, not the city! Old, charming hotels in the St Germain neighborhood (like Hotel Angleterre) would probably be the most romantic, unless you have a problem with small rooms and old buildings. Then you would probably be better off in some place like the Parc Victor Hugo or Hotel Costes--but then you are talking $300 + a night.
London is too rich and big a city to be visited for 1 day only. You will spend 6+ hours traveling for not much visiting.Better to save it for another trip.
November will be in the 40-50s and possibly a bit rainy. Bring a light raincoat and an umbrella! Good for you for visiting off season, though, it'll be muc nicer than coming in the summertime.
I live here, so if you have any other questions feel free to email.
Have a lovely honeymoon.

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 09:43 AM
Jennifer

Good luck on your honeymoon! My husband and I are
celebrating our 10th anniversary by going to France
in 3 weeks. We've got 4 days in Paris and 2 for the
Loire Valley. It's our first time and we are so excited!!!! Through Jet Vacations, we booked the
Libertel Prince de Conti in St. Germain-de-Pres. I hope we can walk alot from there; however, we do have metro passes. Our last night we are having dinner in the Eiffel Tower but wanted some ideas for
the other evenings that aren't so expensive. Any ideas??? Merci beaucoup.

Old Jul 10th, 1998, 12:27 AM
Pattie Price

Natalie, You will LOVE Paris! It is easy to get around from just about anywhere using the metro. We travel alot and I have found the best book to get is 'Affordable Paris'. It's not about cheap hotels or restaurants, it is practical and a more condensed version. Lots of wonderful tips and the maps are great and easy. There are so many wonderful things to see and do there it is difficult to start, but the book will help. It is beautiful and romantic, we celebrated our 15th anniversary there and are making plans to go back. The outdoor markets are great! the Louvre is beautiful and Versailles is breathtaking!!!! Have a wonderful honeymoon, pattie

Old Jul 10th, 1998, 05:36 AM
Meg

We stayed at Hotel St. Louis on the Ile St. Louis for about $150 a night. The room was very small, but I had requested a room on the top floor so we can French doors that opened up onto a small (very small) balcony. We could see the rooftops of Paris and a slice of the Seine. The charm of the place outweighed the size of the room. The nearest metro station is just over a bridge. The Latin Quartier is over a bridge in the opposite direction. Notre Dame is just across yet another bridge. The hotel also has a sister hotel just down the street called Hotel Lutece, I think. We truly enjoyed the location.