Honeymoon 9 days

Old May 6th, 2019, 11:28 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Honeymoon 9 days

Hi all,

As the thread title suggests, this is going to be a honeymoon trip. Landing on June 10th and flying on wards to Greece on the 20th. We will be landing in Milan Afternoon of June 10th. Now after going through different threads i have put off the idea of travelling to any neighboring countries and just stick to Italy. The places i had in mind was, Start off at Milan then a couple of days at lake Como. Then to Venice and then finish off at Rome? Do you think will be able to squeeze all of that in the 9 days and fly off to Greece on the 20th from rome? Dont want the whole trip to be a romantic getaway. Would like to experience some city and nightlife vibe.

Will Lake Como and Venice be too similar in the vibe? We will be going to Santorini in Greece, so can one of them be taken off the list for some other city? Athens and Crete are the other two places which we will be visiting in Greece. Greece is more like a family trip with other members joining, so Italy will technically be the honeymoon trip. Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Thanks Alot.
Old May 7th, 2019, 08:00 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't think that you will have time for Milan. If you land at Milan Malpensa, go straight to Lake Maggiore (much closer to MXP airport than Lake Como), spend a few days there (may be at Stresa) and reach Venice from there (4 hrs train journey).
Old May 7th, 2019, 01:10 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Book long-distance trains early for disconted rates- www.trenitalia.com or www.italotreno.it/en - two competing railway systems using same tracks and stations and similar trains - www.seat61.com has great aadvice on booking own tickets online - general train info - www.budgeteurpetravel.com and www.ricksteves.com.
Old May 7th, 2019, 01:15 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=PalenQ;16915766]Book long-distance trains early for discounted rates- www.trenitalia.com or https://www.italotreno.it/en - two competing railway systems using same tracks and stations and similar trains - www.seat61.com has great aadvice on booking own tickets online - general train info - www.budgeteurpetravel.com and www.ricksteves.com.