Search

holidays park in Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2023, 12:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holidays park in Netherlands

Hello ,
My family(2 adults and 3 kids) will be landed in august 2024 in Amsterdam airport between 22-31.08(~10 days) and i'm checking for holiday park for this time.
we will probably stay in the park 1 week(from Friday to Friday) and our vacation style is "star travel" meaning sleep in central area that is located in ~1hour driving time from attraction to attraction and spending the afternoon in the park .
The kids ages in coming august will be : 8.5, 6.5, 3 so it will be nice for them if the park will have some attractions for them .

We thought about the parks :
1. Landal rabbit hill
2. Landal Coldenhove

what do you recommend ?
Old Oct 2nd, 2023, 09:12 AM

Where do you want to go in the Netherlands? Roompot has the better locations. Remember though that most holiday park locations cannot be reached by public transport, and using a car inside Dutch cities is a nightmare. Where do you want to go for "attractions"?

Landal Rabbit Hill near Nieuw Milligen gives you easy access to the beautiful nature reserve that is Hoge Veluwe and towns like Arnhem, Nijmegen, Apeldoorn, but also beautiful areas like around Eerbeek and the Hanseatic cities along the IJssel (Zwolle, Zutphen, Deventer). Also within easy reach is the Kroller Muller Museum and many memorial sites from Operation Market Garden (closer to Arnhem in Oosterbeek)

Coldenhove near Eerbeek and Loenen gives you much the same access, but in reverse. Around Eerbeek and Loenen is just as beautiful as around Rabbit Hill, but more like forest. If I were the one choosing, I'd choose Eerbeek (Coldenhove) because of the area it's in and because the IJssel and its cities are so close.

Both Garderen and Eerbeek are quite touristy, but for Dutch tourists and Germans who like to take their holidays and long weekends there. Landal parks have great amenities for children.
Old Oct 8th, 2023, 03:03 AM
Original Poster

Hi , thank yo for the response .
i plan to avoid entering to big cities , so the main attractions are :
Giethorn
zaanse schans
Arnheim - Burgers' Zoo and open air museum
hans & grietje pancake house
Old Oct 8th, 2023, 09:16 AM

Zaanse Schans is at the other end of the country, when you have the beautiful and ancient Hanseatic IJssel cities on your doorstep: Zwolle, Zutphen, Deventer, and Nijmegen across the Waal from Arnhem. Zaanse Schans isn't worth it, I assure you, but I understand why you put it on the list.
Giethoorn, same thing really. It's an instagram destination and overrun. While you have such great sights nearby, like.... Radio Kootwijk!

Can't recommend Openluchtmuseum enough,
Old Oct 9th, 2023, 01:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Menachem !
will definitely consider it