hiking in the riviera

May 12th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Original Poster

hiking in the riviera

Does anyone know of any hiking trails in or near the riviera? I know there are some hiking areas in Provence. We will be staying in Nice and will not have a car. any suggestions? thanks
May 12th, 2004, 04:15 PM

There is good hiking in the hills--and mountains--above and around Nice. Check in with the tourist office when you get there for details, or send them an e-mail in advance. You can also try provenceweb.com.
May 12th, 2004, 11:24 PM

Here's a site you might want to try...
http://www.peaktopeak.net
May 13th, 2004, 04:41 PM

Hard to get around without a car, but I guess you'll be taking a train to Provence (???) There are a number of gentle trails for daytrippers right above Nice in the park ovelooking the city. If you had a car a nice quick drive is up to Utelle in the hills behind Nice, and you can "hike" around there. (I wouldn't advise it 'tho during hunting season when all the local guys are out looking for the wily sanglier). But if you're looking for real hiking links then try our site. Paste the following link into your web browser and then hit "Go":
http://www.rivierarental.com/areainfo.htm

We have hiking links from around the Riviera; Var, Provence, Maritime Alps, and the Estérel Mountain preserve. You'll find a hiker's paradise in the mid to upper altitudes of the Maritime-Alps with over 3,500 kilometers of marked hiking trails. You'll have a good time no matter what you do here, but if you actually go hiking, then have a great time!
May 14th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

thank you all for replying. It was so hard for me to find info on hiking on the web so the websites were extremely helpful. Rivrent-I really like your website. I am an adventurous person so your website gave me some great ideas to do in during my trip. Thanks again everyone!