High speed ferry from Piraeus?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - We've been trying to search for a Catamaran (SP?) or high speed ferry from Piraeus. we need to get fom Athens to Mykonos and it seems like the fastest one is from Rafina - the sea jet which takes 2 hours to Mykonos.

The only issue is that it is far from Athens and it leaves at 7:40 a.m. which means we would have to leave Athens at the crack of dawn. Is there a fast ferry from Piraeus in the morning that we are missing??? I saw that there is the Hellas Dolphin but that isn't until 4:45 PM. We were hoping to get out in the morning.

Old Feb 14th, 2005, 07:16 AM

When are you travelling? Schedules vary greatly between summer and winter.
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 07:23 AM

If you happen to be travelling on a Friday or a Sunday there's another Seajet from Rafina to Mykonos at 2:15 pm, but after June 11 they're daily at 7;15am and 4:00 pm.

As far as I've ever been able to determine there is no fast boat from Piraeus other than the Flying Dolphin. Also, the FD timetable for June has not yet been published. It's possible that more departure times will be added later.
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

We would be travelling on June 3rd. Yeah, I've noticed that a lot of people have complained that the time tables keep changing. So how are we supposed to book hotels considering we don't even know if we will be able to arrive at Mykonos on a certain date since their timetables keep changing?
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 08:07 AM

That's Greece for you!! I actually called Blue Star Ferries about the Rafina-Mykonos schedule in early June and was told it won't change, but the reality is that it could. I'd suggest that you keep as flexible as possible, make a reservation in "good faith" and hope for the best. Long before your June 3 departure to Mykonos the schedules should be fixed. There's not much else you can do except to fly on Aegean or Olympic if this approach doesn't work for you. The only other encouragement I can offer is that it shouldn't be very busy in early June, so finding aother hotel in your budget range at the last minute won't be a big problem.