Search

High School Trip to Italy.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 07:42 PM
JWH
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High School Trip to Italy.

I'm taking a group of AP Art History students to Rome, Florence and Venice over Spring Break (April). The tour company has asked us if we have any requests for hotels in certain areas in Florence and Rome. We probaly won't get in the very best areas (student travel) so I'm looking for top three or four areas in both - emphasis on art and history (of course). Thanks! JWH.
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 02:59 AM
ira

Hi JW,

Do you select from a list of hotels that they offer?

What's your hotel budget?

How many rooms?

Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:27 PM
JWH
Original Poster

We won't get to choose a specific hotel, we can only request an area. So really I'm trying to figure out the areas (rather than specific hotels) that will give us a good base for exploring the history and the art in each city. Thanks!
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:55 PM

I can't believe you'll get it -- but you can ask for Campo de Fiori in Rome. That would certainly be my first choice (and it would be teenagers' first choice too).
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 06:01 PM

JWH I have been on Student Lang. trips many times 2 over in Europe. What Student travel company are You using? We used NETC both times in Europe, and they were Awesome.

This will be a trip of a Lifetime for You and the Students. I have THE BEST Memories of these trips. Every Parent should grab that chance.
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 04:48 AM
JWH
Original Poster

Theresa 10,
I am really looking forward to it...great group of kids (I have taught all of them for either 2 or 3 years already). We are going with ACIS. Do you remember what areas you stayed in? Thanks, JWH.
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 05:31 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
ACIS is one of the top student tour companies. I didn't know they were letting you select areas. Did they give you a list to pick from?
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 05:44 AM

Mmy 17 yr old daughter, my husband and I took an ACIS tour with her school to London in April. The hotel was lovely, the tour guide was fabulous and even the food was good! The only thing I was surprised about was how much extra we had to spend on travel.
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 05:51 AM

For Rome,I would ask for something in the Centro Storico,but preferably not near the train staion(Termini.)Anywhere near Piazza Navona,Trevi Fountain,Campo dei Fiori would be wonderful.

I would ask not to be near Vatican City,as it's not so convenient for most of what you'll want to see.

As for Florence,it really is pretty small,so I would ask to be near the Duomo.The area across the Arno,the Oltrarno,is also very nice.Everything will be within walking distance.
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 07:08 AM
JWH
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone! Glad to hear good things about ACIS - they are more expensive so we are hoping for good hotels and service.

Massagediva - sounds like some great advice - I'll ask for those locations.
Thanks!