High School Senior Graduation Trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. My friends and I are planning a trip to Europe after graduation. Its most likely that we will be by ourselves or with one parent at the most. We are not exactly sure. Our parents have said yes (we are girls).
We decided that one country is enough to tour for us. Which country do you recommend? Any other advice?
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 07:01 PM

We need more input from you. Also, you and your friends need to do a little research and a list of what each of you is interested in. You also don't say how long you will be gone. Do a little searching on this site and get a travel book on Europe. Having said all of this, I have never been anywhere in Europe I did not enjoy. Perhaps you might begin with going to places like Rome, Paris, and London for a city overview. If you like hiking, choose Switzerland or the Dolomites. Happy travels!
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 07:05 PM

Congratulations! What a great time to take a trip. As far as where to go - where do you want to go? For my first time (which I'm guessing this is) I'd probably want to go to Italy or somewhere else in western Europe. The UK is easy because there's no (significant) language barrier, but just about everywhere the typical first-time tourist wants to go will have enough English for you not to worry.

One other idea, in case you hadn't thought of it, is to fly into London, spend a few days there, and take the Eurostar to Paris. Lots of people have discussed this option on these boards.
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Original Poster

Sorry I was vague in my post. We were mainly thinking Italy or France. Most of us have been to either Italy or France if not both. But i think this will be a new experience, travelling with friends and possibly visiting more places. We are planning a week-long (i know very short) to 2 weeks. We are students so we are obviously short on money. Hope this clears up everything
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 07:41 PM

With one week, I would recommend Italy. You can visit venice, rome and one other city if you wanted. Taking the train in italy is very easy and safe. We had met some American girls on our last trip to austria, Germany. They had traveled for 5 weeks staying in Hostels and had spent an average of $20.00 per night they said. They bought their food in grocery stores and ate yogurt, fruit, etc. They did take some tours though. Paris is also wonderful....and very exciting. The energy there is exhilirating! Have fun and happy graduation!
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 07:47 PM

I think England might be a nice choice. It is a good "starter" country because you know the language, and can get used to traveling in Europe, which will make it easier for you to go when you are in college. (And you should ALL go-- try to study abroad your junior year.) You could combine London perhaps with Bath and Stonehenge, which would give you some historical sights and fun things to do.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 04:53 AM
ira

Hi S,

With 7-10 days, I suggest

A. Paris with 2-3 daytrips
B. London and Paris
C. Venice and Florence
D. Venice and Rome

>Any other advice?

No in French is 'Non"
No in Italian is "No"

Old Jun 20th, 2007, 05:05 AM

I like the London and Paris idea. Get your feet wet in London where there is no language barrier and go to a couple of plays (get the Cheap Seats), then chunnel over to Paris to shop, see some art and walk the Seine. Italy is my favorite, too, but I think the London-Paris idea is a good one for this group.