Here on Naxos now.

Search

Here on Naxos now.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here on Naxos now.

We are midway through our trip to Greece. Everything has been fantastic so far. We have only had to deal with extreme heat first 4 days. Gave all of our sweaty clothes to hotel laundry this am. We each only had one carry-on so ran out of clean clothes fast! It was 103 degrees on mainland before ferry to Naxos. Again thank you all who contribute!
Old Sep 8th, 2015, 07:44 AM

Glad you are having a great trip. Isn't Naxos wonderful.
We also travel with carry on only so when we arrive we buy a little packet of detergent at the mini market and wash our dirty clothes in the sink and hang them out to dry on the balcony. The sun and breeze takes car of it in quick order.
Old Sep 8th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

We are loving this island. People so friendly, helpful, welcoming. It was worth every penny (actually 10e) to have everything washed and impeccably folded on foot of our bed! We are wandering with a rental car today.
Old Sep 12th, 2015, 01:33 PM

Right behind you. I have been watching weather & see it is cooling down a bit/ We arrive on the 18th. OUr friends from England will arrive on 16th Can't wait
Old Sep 13th, 2015, 10:45 PM

I'm on nearby Antiparos, and with wind speeds increasing, it definitely has cooled down a bit.

Just to say, I think this has been one of the best years for travel to Greece that I can remember. None of the doomsayers predictions have come true: Greece is still in the euro, and ATMs are full of cash. Prices on the islands are about the same as a few years ago, but the dollar and sterling are worth more against the euro. Greece is going through hard times, but this isn't affecting tourists. Those who listened to the media hype and changed their travel plans missed a good year.
Old Sep 15th, 2015, 06:01 PM

Thank you for update. Cant wait. We leave Wed but won't get there till Friday
Old Sep 18th, 2015, 09:20 AM

Naxos is a wonderful island and am glad that you are loving it. Just got back yesterday from spending a week in Corfu and a week in Nafplio, and I totally agree with Heimdall. Greece is a wonderful place to vacation and listening to the media can scare off some people, but we did our research and questioned lots of people who were there before our trip. We did not encounter any problems either with credit cards or ATM's. The greek people could not have been any nicer. I do hope that the powers that be can get Greece back on the right track.
Old Sep 18th, 2015, 08:11 PM

I was in Greece Sep 5-14, and we also found it to be quite hot and were in the same boat as you, we also paid the 10 Euro to have our laundry done as well! We had supplies to do our own laundry, but it was so worth it to have someone else take care of it for us.