Reload this Page >

Help with Tuscan/Umbrian Accomodations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 1999, 12:08 PM
sean

My wife and I are planning a 2 week trip to Tuscany and Umbria in September 2000. We have a good idea of the sites we would like to see, but are not sure yet about where to stay. We've been to the "big" cities before (Florence, Rome, etc.) so are intersted in staying in one or two of the small hill towns-potentially one in Tuscany and one in Umbria. Any recommendations out there? Our budget is anywhere from $100 to $175 a night.

Old Oct 12th, 1999, 01:36 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Sean, Given that time I think I would <BR>select 3 locations---unless you are thinking about weekly rentals. I have <BR>planned many trip to this area and 3 base camps are ideal to cover all of the <BR>geography and not drive more than an hour radius. I have some ideas but are <BR>too complex for here and may involve <BR>interaction. Get a good map and give me <BR>a holler by email. Think one location <BR>NW of Siena, one south of Siena, and one <BR>in the heart of Umbria for starters. The <BR>other choices would be in the middle of <BR>Chianti or as far west as Lucca. This <BR>area is bigger than you may think and some of the smaller roads can be slow. <BR>Given a choice, I would pick the latter <BR>half of Sep as a better time. <BR>

Old Oct 13th, 1999, 06:33 PM
Mary

Contact www.theparkercompany.com. Their brochure is worth while & so far they have been a lot of help. We leave next week for a two week stay. Will let you know how it goes.

Old Oct 15th, 1999, 11:28 AM
Terry

We have stayed at the Palazzo Bocci which is in the hill town of Spello in Umbria. It was fabulous and not expensive!

Old Oct 15th, 1999, 05:20 PM
nkb

I just returned and stayed at a fabulous villa in Chianti (that was highly recommended from friends that travel to Italy quite frequently). The hotel is Borgo Argenina (tele: 39-0577-747117)...ask for ELena. You wake up...look over the rolling hills...vineyards...olive trees...life doesn't get much better. She has 8 rooms or so...one äpartment". It was a highlight for us!