Search

Help with train schedule/purchase from Bruges to Paris

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2004, 07:42 AM
gds
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with train schedule/purchase from Bruges to Paris

We are planning to take the train from Bruges to Paris either in the evening or early in the morning. I would like to minimize the cost of the ticket, but not have the trip take too long. I'm having difficulty reading the schedule. I understand there is a train that leaves from Bruges and goes to Paris via Lille and is cheaper than the trains that go through Brussels. Unfortunately they only have about a 6 minute period for train change in Lille. The station appears to be Lille Flanders. I understand there are actually two different train stations in Lille. How can I determine if the train change is in the same Lille station or a different Lille station? Also, is 6 minutes too short to change trains? Lastly, can I purchase my tickets online and pick them up in Belgium. I was using this site: http://www.b-rail.be/internat/E/booking/index.html

Should I just scrap the idea of taking the cheaper train to Paris via Lille and not risk our precious day in Paris (if we were to miss the train)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 07:50 AM

From Brugge, the train arrives at Lille Flandre which is the same station as the TGV to Paris. The TGVs are hourly so you could spend an hour in Lille - there are lots of cafés outside the station (the Lille-Paris TGVs do not have a bar because the journey is short).
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 08:03 AM
ira

Hi gds,

The train connection via Lille-Flandres is in the same station. It is only a short walk.

We have done this trip twice (both ways) without trouble, but this does not guarantee that *you* will make the connection.
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 08:44 AM

Have also changed trains in Lille-flanders. As Ira says, it does work, but keep moving!
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 08:54 AM
gds
Original Poster

There seem to be more trains between Gent and Lille than there are between Bruges and Lille. Is it possible to buy a ticket between Bruges and Paris that stops at Gent and Lille online? Do I have to buy them as separate tickets? That way I can get into Paris with a buffer (in case we miss one train). Also, if we miss the Lille to Paris train can we just catch the next one?