Reload this Page >

HELP WITH TOURS OPERATORS IN ISTANBUL

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Gilberto

I,m planning spending a week in Istanbul. Need advice on a good tour operator that gives the option to visit Cappadocia. Also, wanted hotels recommendation in Istanbul (moderate prices).<BR><BR>Thanks for your input.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 04:52 PM
topper

TTT

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 05:10 PM
M&J

We love Istanbul. We have a write-up for the first time traveler. If you want a copy, email us. We will also suggest a reliable tour operator.<BR>

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Mary

Hi Gilberto, There is a tour company called Gate 1 Travel that has many hotels all over Turkey in the 70.00 to 100.00 dollar per room rate. They also have tours called flings that are extremely reasonable for 1 or 2 days that include a hotel and tour guide. We did this for Cappadocia and signed up for a 2 day fling with a group. Lucky us, we were the only ones on the tour so we had a Mercedes 15 seat van, a driver and a wonderful guide all to ourselves at the group rate! The same thing happened in Ephesus with a 1 day fling and this was in June and this is a company with a great reputation. They have a web site, but I think they like to have you book through a travel agent. Great guides, good to great hotels (depending on what you want to Pay) and very good prices on tours.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 12:52 AM
ggrant

I was in Istanbul in Nov. and loved it. Want to return for full tour. We were there pre med cruise. We used a private tour guide for two days who was wonderful. He was recommended to me on this board. He and his wife own a travel agency. He does private and group tours in Istanbul and all over Turkey. He does a special tour for photographers also. He furnished our hotel which was 65/night, the Arcadia, nice room and bath, good breakfast, and had a fantastic view of the Blue Mosque and the sea. He will provide everything you need and customize your tour just as you wish. He was very reasonable. His name is Mehmet Ozbzlci, [email protected]. I forgot to mention that he picked us up at airport and took us to the cruise terminal also. He responded quickly to all my email.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 12:55 AM
ggrant

Notice I spelled Mehmet's name wrong. It is Mehmet Ozbalci. Give him an email and see what you think. I couldn't have been more pleased.

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Tilda

You can try some hotels with prices here<BR>www.istanbulshotels.com <BR>you can find also some Cappodocia Ballooon tourssssss.<BR>Tilda

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Paule

Dear Gilberto,<BR>I went to Turkey this past summer and worked with an agent who took care of the arrangements I needed. I had done much of my own work in deciding upon hotels, but he made the reservations and saved me money in several cases. He lives in Cappadocia, and we hired him as a private guide for 2 full days in the region. He is warm, bright, and great company; I'd recommend him highly. His name is Suleyman Cakir and his email is:<BR>[email protected].<BR>His website is:<BR>http://www.cappadociatours.com/<BR><BR>I can't recommend him highly enough.<BR><BR>Regarding hotels, we stayed at the Blue House hotel (mavi ev), and loved it. It's opposite the Blue Mosque and is moderately priced, with excellent service, comfortable rooms, good breakfast. <BR><BR>I too have written up my travels; you can search for it under turkish trip or trip to turkey 2001; I can also send it to you by email if you're interested.<BR><BR>Turkey is a WONDERFUL country. I highly recommend going to Cappadocia, though, because it's so unique and the people are really warm and welcoming.

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Ulas

I hope this address will give you some idea: <BR>http://www.adventuretours.com.tr