Help with Sorrento

Oct 14th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Jack

Help with Sorrento

Can anyone help regarding Hotels that you've stayed in Sorrento that you would highly recommend?
Appreciate any imput.

Oct 14th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Andrea

I don't know if you are looking for high end or low end. I always stay about 2-3 stars. I highly recommend the Hotel Mignon. Right off the piazza, clean, friendly, close to train. If you are looking for close to water and higher end accomadations, do a search on this site Sorrento hotels.

Oct 14th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Jane

Hi Jack, I went through a process last month of looking up hotels on venere.it and then doing searches on the hotels on this forum and on the web itself. It took forever, as I was looking for an inexpensive hotel and a view from the room with balcony.

I checked out all of the three and four stars, but decided against them due to cost or location. I finally decided on the La Minervetta for next year's trip, a two star pensione located on Via Capo (great views of the harbour) and since it's two star it's inexpensive.

It this doesn't suit your tastes, try searching Sorrento in the search box above and see what piques your interest, and definately check out venere.it for Sorrento hotels. Buona fortuna!

Oct 14th, 2002, 09:18 AM
sandi

We stayed at the Hotel Villa Maria on Via Capo, 8. ($120.00 US) The room was sparse but clean and had a balcony from which we had a spectacular view of the Bay of Napoli and Vesuvio. The price was in 2000 for 3 people.

Oct 14th, 2002, 09:18 AM
sandi

We stayed at the Hotel Villa Maria on Via Capo, 8. ($120.00 US) The room was sparse but clean and had a balcony from which we had a spectacular view of the Bay of Napoli and Vesuvio. The price was in 2000 for 3 people.

Oct 14th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Linda

I would highly recommend the Villa Oriano which is a bread and breakfast with unbelievable views of the bays. You can find it quite economical at venire.it

Oct 14th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Marcus

Jack

We last stayed at the Imperial Hotel Tramontano.

Good location in the town centre overlooking the bay of Naples. It is on a quiet street, which you will appreciate when you go to Sorrento.

Parking is tight there, but they have a parking service to cram in all the cars, but it may be best if you are using a car just to let them know when you book.

We booked on-line via the web site (see below).

When you book, ask for a room with a sea view. Waking up, looking out of the window over the bay of Naples with Mount Vesuvios covered in snow was a real treat.

http://www.tramontano.com/

Oct 14th, 2002, 10:05 AM
tracy

We highly recommend the Hotel Minerva in Sorrento. We stayed there in 2000 and it was wonderful. We walked into town for dinner. A beautiful walk day or night. Fabulous views of the Mediterranean from the terrace, great pool, nice resturant, nice people running the hotel. Ask for a sea view room when making reservations. Rates now are 125 euros for a double room.
If you state at the time of reservation that you got the info from Rick Steves Italy book you can save around 25 euros. They accept credit cards. Tel. 081-878-1011, fax 081-878-1949. Website is www.acampora.it, email:[email protected] They speak english. The view is just as nice as the more expensive hotels nearby. Hope you have a great trip! (address is Via Capo 30)

Oct 14th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Jane

Minerva's prices have increased I see - we were quoted 170 Euro/night for next May.

Oct 14th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Jack

Thank you all for your replies.
To Jane-Are you talking about the Hotel Minerva which is quoting 234 Euros for 2002 or the La Minervetta- You mention both names in your response.

Oct 14th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Nancy

Another vote for La Minervetta, it is a great bargain for the price and has beautiful views from it's french doors windows.

Oct 14th, 2002, 11:55 AM
DJ

Jack,

Last September we stayed in Sorrento, splurge a bit and stayed at the Grand Excelsior Vittoria. WOW what a place. Right on the cliffs overlooking the Bay of Naples and Mt. Vesuvius. Our balcony was about as big as our room, and our room was BIG, as was our bathroom.

The front entrance to the hotel is right on the Piazza of the old center of town (forgot the town center's name already).

The webpage for the hotel is as follows: Dinner at the hotels outdoor restuarant was just outstanding; breakfast buffet in the morning, in a beautiful room with fresco's (SP?) painted on the ceiling was a wonderful way to start the day. They had a prime real estate location.

We will most definately go back and stay there.

http://www.exvitt.it/pag1c.htm

Oct 14th, 2002, 12:16 PM
ray

We stayed at Hotel Parco Dei Principi four years ago. The grounds and view were outstanding.

Oct 21st, 2002, 11:37 AM
Jane

Jack - the Minervetta is a 2* and the Minerva is a different 3*, both located along the same stretch of road. Confusing, isn't it!