Help with Polish language 'basics'

Old May 2nd, 2001, 06:22 PM
grouchy37

Help with Polish language 'basics'

I found a great little site to help you if you possess absolutely no Polish language skills...like me. There are tons of words and phrases which you can download in a just a seconds...gives the correct pronunciation and you can practice as much as you need the correct way to pronounce the words. Hope this helps someone like it did me...I've only been using it for about a half hour and I already got 10 words down pretty well.

Leaving for Warsaw in 3 days. I'm so excited, I can't sleep. This is only my second trip to Europe and I'm on cloud nine. My wife is from Ukraine originally, and she speaks Polish fairly well. I'll have my own 'translator', but I hate looking like the stupid American. My biggest fear is walking into a women's restroom or ordering some hideous food. lol.

Will post some thoughts on my return. Ciao!

Old May 2nd, 2001, 06:29 PM
Jon

Oscar,
Are you not going to share the site address?

Old May 2nd, 2001, 06:29 PM
forget

The site, please?

Old May 2nd, 2001, 07:09 PM
Art

PLEASE, PLEASE the site. I'm listening to the Pimsleur tables right now for my trip to Poland in Sept. I need all of the help I can get, notwithstanding mixing it up with Romain, Spanish and German.
Art

Old May 2nd, 2001, 07:46 PM
jahoulih

Hi, Art -

Maybe this will tide you over until Grouchy comes back.

http://www.cs.sfu.ca/people/GradStud...io/polish.html

Old May 18th, 2001, 02:08 PM
grouchy37

SORRY, SORRY, SORRY! Forgot to post website address. I was excited about Poland! Just got back and I will post thoughts in a few days. I was absolutely impressed with Poland and the weather was absolutely perfect..it could NOT have been better. In the meantime, here is address.

http://www.travlang.com/languages/cg...h&lang2=polish